Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season Six Discussion Thread

+3
fooloutofme
MissaLov3
Bailey
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Season Six Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Season Six Discussion Thread

Post  BonesFanFr Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:43 am

I liked the episode as a whole. I was not sure about the murderer, I had 2 suspects. VNM is not my favorite intern but I liked him in this episode. I like the fact that Brennan has much more patience with the interns now. It was nice to see Hodgins wanting to organise something to tell everybody about Angela's pregnancy. And Angela knowing that they already knew. I maybe would have liked a little more about Cam/Michelle but I get they only have 41/42mn to fit everything in.

I don't like the way Booth reacted, or has been reacting lately- but it reminds me how Hodgins was with everybody after he broke up with Angela, or they broke up. It's of course different because they were together while Booth was never a couple -in the usual way- with Brennan, but still, there was a big change intheir relationship. So Hodgins went through denial, sadness, anger..., was really mean to people (the older intern told him, Cam told him, a technician even called him on that). Same when Wendell told him he was with Angela. He started with I'm ok with that when he was not. The thing is that he finally went to Sweets to talk about it and ask for advice.

Booth tried to convince everybody that everything was fine with Hannah, including himself. He didnot want to listen to anybody telling him things went maybe too fast, under some very special situation. And i think that he started to think about what they said and that maybe they were not completely wrong. As Brennan so often did. And this must be hard to handle, hard to figure out what his relationship with Hannah really is, if he lied to himself. And to her as well.

As for not going to the FF, well first of all he was going to. He was on his way with Brennan. It's only when he found out Hannah was back that he said he would not go. Angela told the group that they should come only if they could pretend they didnot know she was pregnant, she was the one one giving them an out.
Then yes he didnot say he was going to Hannah because he had missed her (her presence) but I think Brennan just gave him an easy way out as well. He was relieved by the text message because he could stop the conversation he had with Brennan (starting to admit something to oneself is one thing, admitting to others is another).
And I think that maybe it was too much for him to go to the FF and be among happy people when he was not doing well. Even if he is happy for Angela and Hodgins (as we could see in a previous episode), that doesnot mean that it would be have been easy for him not only to pretend not knowing but also to show happiness. When you upside down inside, this kind of situation is really hard to handle.

I'm really looking forward to the next two episodes. Brennan tries to support Booth the best she could until now, and thanks to Emily's great acting, we can see that Brennan doesnot handle this as well as she tries to have people believe. So I wonder what will happen next.
BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  treble Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Maybe Booth's gambling again.

treble

Back to top Go down

Post  BonesFanFr Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:40 am

treble wrote:Maybe Booth's gambling again.

I read that several times, but I don't know. I think that the whole situation starts to get him. Hodgins went to Sweets to talk about Angela, Cam went to Sweets several times when she did not know what to do, Angela talked to him too, Brennan as well even if he was first the one asking her to come (her fight with Angela). But Booth doesnot ask for help and doesnot accept the advice or hints people around him are giving (at least from what we see).

I'm not sure if he realises that his relationship with Hannah is superficial since he does not really talk about him, or if for now it's still in his subconscience that he does not feel right but he can't realise what it is. Anyways, to me he is like someone in pain but who does know to ask for help, or maybe would think it is being weak, and who might "explode" sooner or later.
BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:15 am

Lots of people are saying that, that last scene is full of metahpor, since the episode and the conversation prior to the scene are all about someone who is pretending to be someone she's not. Now, the logical assumption is that they're referring to Hannah. But what if they're talking about Booth?

That Booth is trying to be someone he isn't in his relationship with Hannah, and that ultimately that will be the downfall of their relationship?

I just don't see them making Hannah out to be a total liar or a villian, I think she is what she seems to be, she just doesn't have all the facts ... actually she doesn't have any of the facts when it comes to Booth & Brennan.

I'm feeling slightly better about this episode, I just hope that by the end of the season all this is leads to somewhere great and we have BB back. I don't even need them "together" so to speak, I just want back what we had before. I suppose though to create motion and movement in the relationship they had to go somewhere different. I just, ugh, I hope it ends soon. Lol.
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

https://emilydeschanel.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BonesFanFr Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:46 pm

I never understood the last scene being a reference to Hannah, but rather to Booth. Sure, we don't know much about Hannah, but from the episodes we've already seen, she seems open, saying what she likes and dislikes, asking questions...

To me Booth is the one pretending to be someone he is not. We hear him saying to everybody everything is ok with Hannah, overdoing it even as if he wanted to convince himself more than anything else. And he kept a lot of things from Hannah, some implied, some we heard him not telling her.

And I think as well that this is why, despite what he wants to believe, that his relationship with Hannah won't go anywhere at some point. Not because of one big thing, whatever it would be, but in the long run, because he is not honest with her.

I hope as well that even if they are not a "real" couple at the end of the season, Booth and Brennan will be back as they were before, so they can start the path to become closer next season. I have no idea about timing, but Booth and Brennan relationship reminds me Hodgins and Angela, except the fact they were not "together".

The road chosen by HH is different from what a lot of people wanted, but I like it. Maybe not everything, but I like it.
Yes HH could have had them as a couple in the 100th ep, or in 6x01, openly or both of them keeping it a secret (not to the audience). I don't believe in the Moonlighting curse (problems between actors, between actors and the studio, external factors and bad writing are enough reasons). Booth and Brennan are both so alike and different that there would have been a lot of possibilities. But I think it would have been the easy way.

Since I don't watch the show just to see Booth and Brennan being together, but for their own journey, and also for the other characters and the cases (if I wanted more about cases and forensics, I would watch something else), I just let myself enjoying the episodes one after the others.
I also think that the fact that I read spoilers and sides but just take them for what they are (pieces of incomplete information subject to change) and I don't speculate, or just slightly, makes it much easier to enjoy the show.

BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:13 pm

BonesFanFr wrote:

Since I don't watch the show just to see Booth and Brennan being together, but for their own journey, and also for the other characters and the cases (if I wanted more about cases and forensics, I would watch something else), I just let myself enjoying the episodes one after the others.
I also think that the fact that I read spoilers and sides but just take them for what they are (pieces of incomplete information subject to change) and I don't speculate, or just slightly, makes it much easier to enjoy the show.

Wow, now you have the right attitude. Too many people acting like the sky is falling with every single spoiler, which then turn out to be nothing when we see what they turn into months later.

I'm frustrated with where the storyline is at the moment, but I don't want Booth & Brennan together together right now either. It's not the Moonlighting curse that scares me, but kinda the whole, once you get to the top, get what you've always wanted, it can only be downhill from there. Kinda like the day after your birthday, or the day after Christmas. I want to see them as a couple at some point, but I hope they manage to keep something going to replace the UST as well. Something Hart's mentioned and he has a good point.

Smile
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  treble Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:52 pm

Ok so the episode was ok, I'm stunned by the preview ,but out of respect for spoilers I won't mention anything else about that. I actually liked Hannah for a second there when she was talking to Parker, and then I didn't like her again at the end when it seemed like she was almost talking down to Parker. Sweets and Daisy were hysterical this week, especially Sweets' C3PO impression... it was awesome! Case was mediocre and didn't really jive for me. But again, I'm all about next week Smile

treble

Back to top Go down

Post  fooloutofme Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:13 am

I didn't want the two of them to be a couple in the 100th episode. That episode made sense to me, and is actually my favorite episode. I have even come to terms with this whole storyline with Hannah, although I still wish they would have let Brennan find her way without Booth getting into a serious relationship. I do, however, feel like they need to be moving in the right direction with the two of them. I just want them to be moving towards a relationship with eachother, and I also want to see more of a relationship between them than just the last half of the last season...but maybe I'm being too demanding. I just think we deserve at least that for being loyal for so long! Smile

I am so excited about next week....but as for this week, it was a decent episode. Brennan was hilarious with the teenagers. I loved hearing about Brennan, Parker, and Booth swimming at her place. That was really sweet, as was the fact that she listens to Parker and remembers him calling her cool for doing a cannonball. I love how she interacts with Parker and I find it much more authentic of a relationship than his and Hannahs, obviously. I agree, treble, that she was talking down to him at the end and it was annoying.
Once again, Emily is the master of the sad, forlorn look. Both in the car scene and the end scene. Breaks my heart every time.
fooloutofme
fooloutofme
Lab Rat
Lab Rat

Back to top Go down

Post  BonesFanFr Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:39 pm

treble wrote:Ok so the episode was ok, I'm stunned by the preview ,but out of respect for spoilers I won't mention anything else about that. I actually liked Hannah for a second there when she was talking to Parker, and then I didn't like her again at the end when it seemed like she was almost talking down to Parker. Sweets and Daisy were hysterical this week, especially Sweets' C3PO impression... it was awesome! Case was mediocre and didn't really jive for me. But again, I'm all about next week Smile

I liked the episode, I had not guessed who the murderer was. Daisy and Sweets made me laugh a few times, Hodgins as well. I liked that Hannah tried and managed to get along with Parker, knowing she was not very good with kids and that Parker did not like her without even having met her. I have a question, English is not my first language, what do you mean by "Hannah almost talking down to Parker"?
Brennan tried to behave as if the whole situation was not bothering her, but you can see it is harder and harder for her. Emily is really great with her facial expressions and especially with her eyes, as well as with her voice. Even if not seeing her face, you can hear through the tone of her voice that everything is not as ok as Brennan says. I can't wait to watch next episode.

BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  BonesFanFr Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:03 pm

fooloutofme wrote:I didn't want the two of them to be a couple in the 100th episode. That episode made sense to me, and is actually my favorite episode. I have even come to terms with this whole storyline with Hannah, although I still wish they would have let Brennan find her way without Booth getting into a serious relationship. I do, however, feel like they need to be moving in the right direction with the two of them. I just want them to be moving towards a relationship with eachother, and I also want to see more of a relationship between them than just the last half of the last season...but maybe I'm being too demanding. I just think we deserve at least that for being loyal for so long! Smile

I am so excited about next week....but as for this week, it was a decent episode. Brennan was hilarious with the teenagers. I loved hearing about Brennan, Parker, and Booth swimming at her place. That was really sweet, as was the fact that she listens to Parker and remembers him calling her cool for doing a cannonball. I love how she interacts with Parker and I find it much more authentic of a relationship than his and Hannahs, obviously. I agree, treble, that she was talking down to him at the end and it was annoying.
Once again, Emily is the master of the sad, forlorn look. Both in the car scene and the end scene. Breaks my heart every time.

I like the fact that Hodgins is fully back with experiments now. I missed Angela and Cam, I would have like to see them a little more instead of Sweets. Not that I don't like him, and I understand there was the plot with Daisy as well, but I missed them.

I don't really see anything wrong with Hannah and Parker, she says she is not comfortable with kids and she has to start knowing Parker hates her, it's not easy. I didnot see anything "wrong" either at the end, but maybe it is because English not being my first language I don't get some things the first time. I found quite nice that instead of going to a regular place to have an ice cream she went to the zoo so Parker could have a camel ride after the previous talk.

It was nice to hear that Booth and Parker went to Brennan's appartment building to use her pool as she had offered at the beginning of season 5, and that they enjoyed it. But it was painful to see Brennan's sadness when Booth said everything went fine when Parker met Hannah. Not that I think Brennan hoped things would not go right, or that she is plain jaleous, I think she realised how much she could have had. I completely agree, Emily is very good at showing emotions for a brief moment before covering it up, and acting as if everything was right.

I did not think they would be a couple in the 100th episode, but rather that feelings would be out and would change the situation. Because as long as none of them was saying anything, things could have been the same for years. This was not what was excepted by a lot of people, but it didnot bother me. Then, same as it happened with Hodgins and Angela, things could not just go to "normal" right away.
They more or less managed it after the 100th after a few akward moments but since none of them started a serious relationship, it was not too difficult. But now, Booth is not alone and things are different, because Brennan had time to think about it with perspective, as she said herself. If I have to be honest, I would have prefered as well Booth not being in a relationship, but then it might have been a little too "easy" if I can say that.
Things might not change much for some time -it would be a little unrealistic to have a 180° change suddenly-, but Booth can't erase the feelings he has deep down for Brennan even if he tries hard to make it work with Hannah, and now Brennan had time to deal with her own feelings, in part at least, so things will happen that will make them getting closer again, friendship wise first I think, and then more toward a relationship. I hope too that when it happens it's not just the last episodes. I guess it will also depend on a 7th season or not.
BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:30 pm

BonesFanFr wrote:

Things might not change much for some time -it would be a little unrealistic to have a 180° change suddenly-, but Booth can't erase the feelings he has deep down for Brennan even if he tries hard to make it work with Hannah, and now Brennan had time to deal with her own feelings, in part at least, so things will happen that will make them getting closer again, friendship wise first I think, and then more toward a relationship. I hope too that when it happens it's not just the last episodes. I guess it will also depend on a 7th season or not.

This is a really good point. I admit I want them to do a 180 degree turn because I find parts of this storyline painful, but it's not realistic. I'm trying to see this storyline for what it's for ... realistic, a way to move their relationship forward in an interesting way, and a chance for Emily to kick butt and take names when it comes to acting.

Back to the episode ... I was kinda disappointed at how quickly Parker took to Hannah. I was kinda hoping maybe *someone* wouldn't like her. LOL. But, I loved that in the scene with all four of them that Parker told Hannah how cool Bones was. When Brennan was doing the squint talk and Parker said "she says stuff like that all the time" I was waiting for him to say "she's so weird" so when he instead said "she's so cool" I was like Yay! And the scene with just Parker and Hannah when she was telling him he didn't really know her so he shouldn't hate her until he tried to know her, it was like Hart Hanson was talking directly to the fans. And it makes sense. No need to hate a character we don't even know. I don't hate Hannah, I want things to be easy for Booth & Brennan, but that's not good drama, so she's serving her purpose. Parker's, "I have a new favorite flavor" line though was like a stab to the heart -- like father like son. *sigh*

Booth seemed friendlier in this episode, him and Brennan seemed to be clicking a bit more than the last new episode. I liked that in the car scene that Booth clearly saw the hurt on Brennan's face. I think that's showing progression of this storyline. At first the audience was seeing Brennan's emotion, but Booth wasn't ... now Booth is seeing it too which is a logical next step.

Daisy annoys me.

I might need to rewatch this one because as soon as I saw that promo for next week, my mind was off to something else. Lol. Off to give my opinion of that in the spoiler section!
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:32 pm

BonesFanFr wrote:

I liked the episode, I had not guessed who the murderer was. Daisy and Sweets made me laugh a few times, Hodgins as well. I liked that Hannah tried and managed to get along with Parker, knowing she was not very good with kids and that Parker did not like her without even having met her. I have a question, English is not my first language, what do you mean by "Hannah almost talking down to Parker"?
Brennan tried to behave as if the whole situation was not bothering her, but you can see it is harder and harder for her. Emily is really great with her facial expressions and especially with her eyes, as well as with her voice. Even if not seeing her face, you can hear through the tone of her voice that everything is not as ok as Brennan says. I can't wait to watch next episode.

Not to talk for treble, but that means acting superior to, talking to someone like you think they're stupid and don't know as much as you do.

I'll have to rewatch that scene, not sure that I saw that ... but it makes sense for someone who isn't comfortable with kids to fall into that kind of attitude of, I'm the adult and you're less than me because I'm not a kid person. Interesting point treble!
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:37 pm

fooloutofme wrote:I didn't want the two of them to be a couple in the 100th episode. That episode made sense to me, and is actually my favorite episode. I have even come to terms with this whole storyline with Hannah, although I still wish they would have let Brennan find her way without Booth getting into a serious relationship. I do, however, feel like they need to be moving in the right direction with the two of them. I just want them to be moving towards a relationship with eachother, and I also want to see more of a relationship between them than just the last half of the last season...but maybe I'm being too demanding. I just think we deserve at least that for being loyal for so long! Smile

I think they are moving forward to a relationship for Booth & Brennan, and I think it seems like they're taking longer than they are. I know I've been following spoilers so it's like Hannah has been around since May but in reality she's only been in four episodes ... and just in parts of them. Just a handful of scenes really, and we've only seen 8 epsiodes of a 23 episode season ... so we still have 2/3's left to go, and I think we're starting to see a "change" in this storyline. Not saying it won't last all season but I do think things will start to move in the direction of them getting closer and eventually moving to a place where they can be in a real relationship.

I liked the 100th episode as well, so it's nice to hear someone else say that. Smile A friend got me into watching Bones, and I only watched on and off ... but after I watched the 100th episode (which at the time I didn't realize was the 100th), by the end Brennan was crying and Booth was crying, and I was crying ... and I was in love with this show. Went out and bought all four seasons on DVDs and devoured them. So it's weird for me to hear people say they hate that episode, since it's the episode that started my obsession.

Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:38 pm

treble wrote:Ok so the episode was ok, I'm stunned by the preview ,but out of respect for spoilers I won't mention anything else about that. I actually liked Hannah for a second there when she was talking to Parker, and then I didn't like her again at the end when it seemed like she was almost talking down to Parker. Sweets and Daisy were hysterical this week, especially Sweets' C3PO impression... it was awesome! Case was mediocre and didn't really jive for me. But again, I'm all about next week Smile

My favorite part of the Sweets/Daisy storyline was the "driving Miss Daisy" line. That cracked me up!
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  treble Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:37 pm

BonesFanFr wrote:

I'm not sure this is going to help, but what I mean is she was being a little bit condescending, to clarify further, Booth told her to talk to Parker like he was a little man and she did at the park, and then at the end of the episode she talked to him like he was a toddler.

treble

Back to top Go down

Post  treble Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:38 pm

Bailey wrote:

I think they are moving forward to a relationship for Booth & Brennan, and I think it seems like they're taking longer than they are. I know I've been following spoilers so it's like Hannah has been around since May but in reality she's only been in four episodes ... and just in parts of them. Just a handful of scenes really, and we've only seen 8 epsiodes of a 23 episode season ... so we still have 2/3's left to go, and I think we're starting to see a "change" in this storyline. Not saying it won't last all season but I do think things will start to move in the direction of them getting closer and eventually moving to a place where they can be in a real relationship.

I liked the 100th episode as well, so it's nice to hear someone else say that. Smile A friend got me into watching Bones, and I only watched on and off ... but after I watched the 100th episode (which at the time I didn't realize was the 100th), by the end Brennan was crying and Booth was crying, and I was crying ... and I was in love with this show. Went out and bought all four seasons on DVDs and devoured them. So it's weird for me to hear people say they hate that episode, since it's the episode that started my obsession.

Word to this entire post.

treble

Back to top Go down

Post  BonesFanFr Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:06 pm

treble wrote:
BonesFanFr wrote:

I'm not sure this is going to help, but what I mean is she was being a little bit condescending, to clarify further, Booth told her to talk to Parker like he was a little man and she did at the park, and then at the end of the episode she talked to him like he was a toddler.

Thank you for the explanation. Well, I didnot see that. Hannah was uncomfortable with Parker, probably even more with Booth being there, and then she took both Booth's advice and her experience as a journalist, and it worked with Parker.
As for the end scene, to me she appeared to talk normally when she said he was good at riding the camel. Same when she said she was friends with Bones, Parker was telling her how cool Brennan was, probably thinking that Hannah didnot know Brennan. As for her face, I think it is rather that she finds the talk about the termite and cannonball funny, but not in a mean way. Now she feels more confortable with Parker, her approach is more one toward a child, and Parker was funny with his enthusiasm for Brennan's "weirdness", "coolness" and "knowing everything". At least, that's how I saw those scenes.

BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:21 am

BonesFanFr wrote:
treble wrote:
BonesFanFr wrote:

Thank you for the explanation. Well, I didnot see that. Hannah was uncomfortable with Parker, probably even more with Booth being there, and then she took both Booth's advice and her experience as a journalist, and it worked with Parker.
As for the end scene, to me she appeared to talk normally when she said he was good at riding the camel. Same when she said she was friends with Bones, Parker was telling her how cool Brennan was, probably thinking that Hannah didnot know Brennan. As for her face, I think it is rather that she finds the talk about the termite and cannonball funny, but not in a mean way. Now she feels more confortable with Parker, her approach is more one toward a child, and Parker was funny with his enthusiasm for Brennan's "weirdness", "coolness" and "knowing everything". At least, that's how I saw those scenes.

I think that last scene with Parker was metaphor to say, "Hey look you can like Hannah & Brennan, it's totally okay!" Lol. I actually think this grand plan will work better if we like them both, because they're trying to make it more than just a standard love triangle, but rather a triangle were we like all three people, and there is no clear villian. Kinda loses something for me because I believe so strongly that Booth & Brennan belong together, but I can't bring myself to hate Hannah -- she's not a bad person. Smile
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BonesFanFr Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:24 am

Bailey wrote:
I think that last scene with Parker was metaphor to say, "Hey look you can like Hannah & Brennan, it's totally okay!" Lol. I actually think this grand plan will work better if we like them both, because they're trying to make it more than just a standard love triangle, but rather a triangle were we like all three people, and there is no clear villian. Kinda loses something for me because I believe so strongly that Booth & Brennan belong together, but I can't bring myself to hate Hannah -- she's not a bad person. Smile

I have no idea if this was their intention, but yes, I can see Parker's reaction meaning that. I don't see the point of hating Hannah. Yes she is in Booth's life now, but she didnot go there while he was with Brennan. Even when she came back to DC, she had no idea about the situation. From what we saw, and from what cast and crew say, she is a nice person.

I prefer that as well to someone who would actually be mean, and that there would be bad words and fights and so on. This, I would not like, it's the case too many times.
Unless Hart Hanson and Co change their minds, Booth and Brennan will end together, so I see that as their journey, going through various obstacles. Their own (we all know Booth and Brennan had a lot to deal with in their pasts) as well as outside ones.

BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  fooloutofme Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:38 pm

I agree, I don't hate Hannah as a person. She does, yes, seem like a good person (albeit an annoying one at times). I just don't like her as a plot device. If she was on the show as anything other than Booth's lover then I wouldn't have as big of a problem with her. Also, if she was sticking around for a shorter amount of time I would probably like her a bit better Very Happy
I guess I am not a fan of Bones people telling me I will have a hard time not liking Hannah and trying to make her this superhumanbestgirlfriendintheworld! I'm just annoyed.
fooloutofme
fooloutofme
Lab Rat
Lab Rat

Back to top Go down

Post  BonesFanFr Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:31 pm

fooloutofme wrote:I agree, I don't hate Hannah as a person. She does, yes, seem like a good person (albeit an annoying one at times). I just don't like her as a plot device. If she was on the show as anything other than Booth's lover then I wouldn't have as big of a problem with her. Also, if she was sticking around for a shorter amount of time I would probably like her a bit better Very Happy
I guess I am not a fan of Bones people telling me I will have a hard time not liking Hannah and trying to make her this superhumanbestgirlfriendintheworld! I'm just annoyed.

I have to say that I would have prefered another plot device as well, maybe Brennan watching Hodgins and Angela being happily married and talking to Angela about what happened and how she feels, or maybe working on a case (9th episode-like but earlier, or a more "normal" one), or if it had to be through Hannah, that the story would unfold faster.

But since Booth thought he had no chance with Brennan and he found someone who wanted to be with him, it had to be Brennan coming to terms with her feelings. And we can see throughout the episodes that she hurts because of the situation -she was too afraid, she had not realised the consequences... and now Booth has someone in his life-, but from her point of view, all she wants is Booth to be happy, and that's what Booth says, that he is happy with Hannah. Even if many people (on the show) wonder if everything is really so perfect since he is quite defensive about it.

We also know that Brennan is very fast in putting her emotions aside, but started to had problems toward the end of season 5. Going to Maluku helped her to a certain extend, but the new situation back in DC had her back dealing with emotions. She could manage to go back to what she was doing before, though it was quite quite hard, and I think it had to build up to the point that she really could not handle it anymore (here, combined with the fact that the doctor died without nobody really caring about it, except those from work).

We don't know what really happens in next episode, and how they will deal with it in January, but to me, it seems logical that things don't change too quickly, as it happens so often: the 2 heroes talk, the third person leaves and everything is fine. It's not only Brennan who has problems dealing with her emotions, it's Booth too. And I think that as long as he is not honest with himself (there are a lot of important things about him he didnot tell Hannah, why is that?), Booth and Brennan can't be together. But sure, I hope it won't take till the end of season 6 to see that happen!

BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  treble Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:04 pm

Oh man, keeping it short and sweet, cause I don't even know how to think right now, but I LOVED this episode, however much it hurt to watch, it was necessary for some people to understand Brennan's character better..... I really hope Booth doesn't get villified for this, because it obviously hurt him to say that he was with someone and she isn't a consolation prize ( at least until he realizes that Hannah actually is a consolation prize) the part that broke my heart? When Brennan said she'd get over it, and Booth's response was "I did" and she was like " yes you did"... that was the part that got me. I felt so bad for both of them!

treble

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:56 pm

treble wrote:Oh man, keeping it short and sweet, cause I don't even know how to think right now, but I LOVED this episode, however much it hurt to watch, it was necessary for some people to understand Brennan's character better..... I really hope Booth doesn't get villified for this, because it obviously hurt him to say that he was with someone and she isn't a consolation prize ( at least until he realizes that Hannah actually is a consolation prize) the part that broke my heart? When Brennan said she'd get over it, and Booth's response was "I did" and she was like " yes you did"... that was the part that got me. I felt so bad for both of them!

I'm with you, more coherent thoughts tomorrow.

But that scene, I knew it was coming, I knew he'd turn her down. But I thought she'd be like "I know you're with Hannah" but she wasn't, she looked so hopeful, so almost happy (even through her tears) when she asked him. And it was just .... wow. Emily is amazing. The end.
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fooloutofme Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:36 am

Bailey wrote:
treble wrote:Oh man, keeping it short and sweet, cause I don't even know how to think right now, but I LOVED this episode, however much it hurt to watch, it was necessary for some people to understand Brennan's character better..... I really hope Booth doesn't get villified for this, because it obviously hurt him to say that he was with someone and she isn't a consolation prize ( at least until he realizes that Hannah actually is a consolation prize) the part that broke my heart? When Brennan said she'd get over it, and Booth's response was "I did" and she was like " yes you did"... that was the part that got me. I felt so bad for both of them!

But that scene, I knew it was coming, I knew he'd turn her down. But I thought she'd be like "I know you're with Hannah" but she wasn't, she looked so hopeful, so almost happy (even through her tears) when she asked him. And it was just .... wow. Emily is amazing. The end.

This.
I didn't expect her to be so hopeful...it literally broke my heart to watch this scene even though I know it was neccessary. Emily was magnificent. I can't even really put it into words right now...
fooloutofme
fooloutofme
Lab Rat
Lab Rat

Back to top Go down

Post  BonesFanFr Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:41 am

fooloutofme wrote:
Bailey wrote:

This.
I didn't expect her to be so hopeful...it literally broke my heart to watch this scene even though I know it was neccessary. Emily was magnificent. I can't even really put it into words right now...

What an episode! Emily was amazing! But it is such a pity that the promo department included the scene in the car so we knew it was coming -especially that of course they mixed everything and made it look like different than it really was.

Anyways, I liked that we finally saw an episode from Brennan's perspective. As Sweets said, she generally does not reveal much of herself.
I don't understand why some people didnot like it. Prior to 100th episode, they were both denying, then even though things didnot go the way he wanted, Booth said it out loud, and the situation changed. Now with this episode, Brennan said it too. Again, it did not go as she hoped, but at least it is out there.

It was sad to see her hoping that maybe her admission would change the situation, but honestly, what could Booth do? Telling Brennan that then he was going to break up with Hannah? As if his relationship was not sincere, and he was with Hannah while waiting for Brennan?

I did not see him being cold, I never expected him to tell Brennan that he would break up with Hannah because of her admission. To me, he tried to tell her as kindly as possible that it was too late (well, we know it is for now only, they will some day be together). And it was not easy for him, we can see it when he closed his eyes a little longer for example.

Yes instead of asking her if she wanted him to call someone, he could have offered to stay with her, but he was in a difficult position. If the situation was different, like Brennan feeling very upset a few episodes after her admission, I think Booth would probably have reacted differently because they would have time to adapt to her admission, but I think that he did not really know how to handle it, maybe afraid that something would happen that was not right.

I really liked Brennan's interaction with Micah -him being real or not as per Emily's conference call, but I think he was real. I think that what Emily meant was if Brennan was talking with the dead doctor through a CD, maybe Micah was not real either-. What I like too was Brennan saying that often what people were saying was like noise to her. It would explain her interaction with people sometimes.

And I see that some people would have wanted to see more concern from everyone, but since the whole episode was from Brennan's perspective, it's normal we didnot get to see all the "behind the scene" parts. But we saw the consequences Brennan saw, like Sweets coming to her because everyone was concerned about her. Or Booth being there in the street.

I wonder how Brennan will react in the next episodes, how this will affect her. And booth as well. I don't think it will be very obvious, but as I said, it's out there for both of them.
BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next