Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bones Season Six Spoilers

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bones Season Six Spoilers Empty Bones Season Six Spoilers

Post  Bailey Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:18 pm

From Ausiello October 20th, 2010

Question: Is there any news on the rumored sniper on Bones? —Jessica
Ausiello: His name is Jacob Ripkin Broadsky, he’s slated to show up in early ’11, and I can confirm that he does in fact take out a pivotal recurring character.
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

https://emilydeschanel.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bones Season Six Spoilers Empty Re: Bones Season Six Spoilers

Post  Bailey Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:26 pm

It was revealed via Twitter and TV Guide that the recurring character killed by the sniper is the Gravedigger. This information was edited out of later articles however.
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:15 pm

According to sides released for the 13th episode of the 6th season, Booth will buy Hannah an engagement ring.

My theory? He buys it, and then either she says no, or he chickens out and some how this starts a turn in their relationship that will be neccesary if we ever expect Booth & Brennan to come back together.

Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BonesFanFr Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:20 pm

I have doubts that Booth would propose after seeing Hannah's reaction the last time, when he just prepared a meal and she thought he was going to propose. But I guess he could do it because Sweets was going to buy a ring, or maybe because of the case, or maybe out of some kind of desperation or something, since it is obvious that while he is trying to convince everyone and himself that everything is fine, it is not.
Still, I have some doubts Hannah would agree if he was now. Unless something happens during the episode that would have her change her mind.

Maybe, as you write, this episode will somehow change their relationship, which will allow Booth and Brennan's relationship to change as well.
BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  BonesFanFr Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:41 pm

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kecks-Exclusives-Emily-1026179.aspx?rss=breakingnews

What a present Emily Deschanel received from Bones creator Hart Hanson. After attending the actress' September nuptials, Hanson was inspired to write a wedding-themed Valentine's Day episode for Emily's directorial debut. "We all remember what Emily went through," says Hanson of the bride's wedding jitters. "She's very detail-oriented and wanted it to be perfect."

The episode, which finds a wedding planner murdered, "is one of our more amusing cases, enabling us to have fun with everybody's relationships," says Hanson. For instance, there'll be trouble for Daisy and Sweets after she reads his diary. Tsk, tsk. And the wedding talk will find Booth and Brennan again contemplating their own romantic possibilities. Does that mean Booth's lady love Hannah will be bye-bye by V-Day? "If I tell you how long Hannah's around, you might figure out what happens," says Hanson. "I will say the triangle story is dealt with in January."

I wonder what Hart hanson has in mind.

BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:31 pm

BonesFanFr wrote:http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kecks-Exclusives-Emily-1026179.aspx?rss=breakingnews

What a present Emily Deschanel received from Bones creator Hart Hanson. After attending the actress' September nuptials, Hanson was inspired to write a wedding-themed Valentine's Day episode for Emily's directorial debut. "We all remember what Emily went through," says Hanson of the bride's wedding jitters. "She's very detail-oriented and wanted it to be perfect."

The episode, which finds a wedding planner murdered, "is one of our more amusing cases, enabling us to have fun with everybody's relationships," says Hanson. For instance, there'll be trouble for Daisy and Sweets after she reads his diary. Tsk, tsk. And the wedding talk will find Booth and Brennan again contemplating their own romantic possibilities. Does that mean Booth's lady love Hannah will be bye-bye by V-Day? "If I tell you how long Hannah's around, you might figure out what happens," says Hanson. "I will say the triangle story is dealt with in January."

I wonder what Hart hanson has in mind.

Oh!!! This article is temporarily offline, thank you so much for posting it here!!! I was searching everywhere. You are awesome chick! Smile

Gotta say, based on other spoilers, this sounds like pretty good news to me. Emily said she didn't want to direct a "heavy" episode, and this one sounds very light hearted, "Booth & Brennan again exploring their romantic possibilites" with each other? Is that implied? It kinda sounds like it's implied. Maybe I'm being too positive, but Hart admits the triangle between B/B/H is dealt with in Janurary, sounds like this is the first time he's spoken out about when the whole Hannah thing might be over. Hopefully in episode 13, the whole proposal thing doesn't happen for whatever reason and it leads us into this light hearted, funny, BB episode.

Wishful thinking? Lol.
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BonesFanFr Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:02 pm

Bailey wrote:

Oh!!! This article is temporarily offline, thank you so much for posting it here!!! I was searching everywhere. You are awesome chick! Smile

Gotta say, based on other spoilers, this sounds like pretty good news to me. Emily said she didn't want to direct a "heavy" episode, and this one sounds very light hearted, "Booth & Brennan again exploring their romantic possibilites" with each other? Is that implied? It kinda sounds like it's implied. Maybe I'm being too positive, but Hart admits the triangle between B/B/H is dealt with in Janurary, sounds like this is the first time he's spoken out about when the whole Hannah thing might be over. Hopefully in episode 13, the whole proposal thing doesn't happen for whatever reason and it leads us into this light hearted, funny, BB episode.

Wishful thinking? Lol.

I was lucky I read the article right when it was available! Smile

I remember the journalist telling Emily something like since David directed the 100th, she would probably like a heavy episode as well, to which Emily answered that since it would be her first time directing, she would prefer not to have such an episode.

When I read "Booth and Brennan again exploring their romantic possibilites", first of all, I noticed that it was not a Hart Hanson's quote but the journalist's interpretation of what Hart Hanson had said.
I'm always careful with journalists inserting their own thoughts and speculations between what the person -HH, SN or the cast- really said.
Second, I did not think it meant Booth and Brennan talking together about it, but each of them thinking to themselves (or to someone else but not Brennan/Booth) about romantic possibilities with the other one.

Hart Hanson said that "the triangle story is dealt with in January", and from what I could see on the Futon Critic, there should be 2 episodes in January, ie n° 10 and 11 -n°13 (proposal) being in February. Unless he was speaking filming and not airing. But then that would be this 14th ep, which does not seem to be one with a big bad break up, ref to Emily's directorial debut. Or the 15th, and then we have no info about it at all.
Anyways since what people are most interested in is airing and not filming, it's most likely about episodes 10 and 11. Maybe having something to do with the 9th Brennan centric episode, with consequences in one of these. I think it starts to be a little confusing now...

Anyways, I'm not sure it means the end of Booth and Hannah's relationship, maybe HH meant that Booth realises that his "I'm so happy now" is not as real as he told himself and he thinks about the situation.
Maybe he finds out, directly from Brennan, or though someone else, that though she supports him, Brennan is not as happy about the situation as she appears too be.

But as I said before, I don't really speculate, there are too many things we don't know about, and I don't see the point in imagining what happens in episode 14 when we know so little about episodes 8 to 13. I know some people like to do so, and I agree it is fun to a certain extend, but to me, it's not anymore when it leads people to be disappointed because the story doesnot turns out as they had it played in their minds. I prefer just to watch the story unfold.

BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:29 pm

BonesFanFr wrote:

When I read "Booth and Brennan again exploring their romantic possibilites", first of all, I noticed that it was not a Hart Hanson's quote but the journalist's interpretation of what Hart Hanson had said.
I'm always careful with journalists inserting their own thoughts and speculations between what the person -HH, SN or the cast- really said.
Second, I did not think it meant Booth and Brennan talking together about it, but each of them thinking to themselves (or to someone else but not Brennan/Booth) about romantic possibilities with the other one.

Good points. I agree I don't for a minute think this means BB explore being with each other.

But it doesn't make sense for anyone to say Booth will be exploring his romantic possibility in this episode. That's what he's been doing all season. That to me, more than anything else in this spoiler, means that this episode is different, something has changed. And this episode would not be lighthearted, and playing around with everyone's relationships (especially if we look at it has Brennan & Booth's as well) if Hannah is still there. As long as Hannah's around we're going to have angst, especially when it comes to relationships, so if this episode is a light hearted look at relationships, it makes sense to me that Hannah's gone. (In my opinion, she'll leave in episode 13, either after saying no to Booth's proposal or some other situation.)

Can't wait to hear more about this, should be especially interesting to hear interviews considering how it seems that Hart wrote this episode to poke fun at how nervous Emily was before her wedding. Smile
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bones Season Six Spoilers Empty 3 previews from ep 608 The Twisted Bones in The Melted Truck

Post  BonesFanFr Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:14 pm

Episode airing this Thursday:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv4MhT56iYg&feature=channel

www.youtube.com/watch?v=95dS8CpynJg&feature=channel

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK2OGlj3oeo&feature=channel

I'm curious to know what happened to those bones so they seem to have melted.
BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Bones Season Six Spoilers Empty Emily Deschanel's Directing Debut Postponed

Post  BonesFanFr Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:39 pm

www.tvguide.com/News/Kecks-Exclusives-Emily-1026349.aspx

It's a pity to have to wait a little longer but I understand their decision to postpone it..
BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:13 pm

BonesFanFr wrote:www.tvguide.com/News/Kecks-Exclusives-Emily-1026349.aspx

It's a pity to have to wait a little longer but I understand their decision to postpone it..

Yep! I agree ... I posted this in news too, since it's not really a spoiler.

Also, this means more Emily in episodes 13 and 14, which also seems like good news to me!
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BonesFanFr Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:54 pm

Bailey wrote:

Also, this means more Emily in episodes 13 and 14, which also seems like good news to me!

I agree, more Emily then in these 2 episodes Smile

I was about to post it in the news section, but since it is written "wedding-themed Valentine's Day episode", and I know some people don't want to be spoiled at all, I thought it would be safer here in the spoiler section. But you're right, it's not a big spoiler.

BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:31 pm

BonesFanFr wrote:
Bailey wrote:

I agree, more Emily then in these 2 episodes Smile

I was about to post it in the news section, but since it is written "wedding-themed Valentine's Day episode", and I know some people don't want to be spoiled at all, I thought it would be safer here in the spoiler section. But you're right, it's not a big spoiler.

Yeah, I guess it's a judgement call, but in general any info available in the general arena, I.E. TV Guide, Entertainment Weekly, Fox promos, aren't really considered spoilers. I've noticed on a lot of Bones sites they are, but I've never seen that before in other fandoms, so I'm not used to it. Smile

Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fooloutofme Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:32 am

I don't know if promos are considered Spoilers...but I put this here just to be safe. Bones people are a passionate people and I wouldn't dare spoil someone Very Happy

Can we talk about the promo last night!? Talk about an amazing looking episode...Emily's acting just in that 30 second clip blew my mind. When she was admitting she made a mistake and missed her chance...oh my god. And then the breakdown tears. The woman is amazing. And, I can not wait for next week...wow.
fooloutofme
fooloutofme
Lab Rat
Lab Rat

Back to top Go down

Post  BonesFanFr Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:18 pm

fooloutofme wrote:I don't know if promos are considered Spoilers...but I put this here just to be safe. Bones people are a passionate people and I wouldn't dare spoil someone Very Happy

Can we talk about the promo last night!? Talk about an amazing looking episode...Emily's acting just in that 30 second clip blew my mind. When she was admitting she made a mistake and missed her chance...oh my god. And then the breakdown tears. The woman is amazing. And, I can not wait for next week...wow.

I agree, from that promo, this episode seems to be a really good one. I'm just a little cautious because it is done by the promo department and they are not always very good at showing what the episode will really be about (like they make you believe it will be funny when it's not, or when they put parts of scenes together that are actually spread throughout the episode, when they add footage from the previous season). So maybe the last part is not one whole scene.

That said, it doesnot change anything about Emily's acting. She was always great, but this year, she is more than amazing in portraying Brennan trying to hide all these feelings she has. I cannot wait for next week either!
BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Bones Season Six Spoilers Empty EW: inside TV, find out what's next in Bones

Post  BonesFanFr Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:56 pm

http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/12/03/house-dexter-bones-spoilers-previe/

@NewarkCrimeTV asks: Any scoop on Castle, Criminal Minds, NCIS or Bones? (I’m not picky…)
I’ll take Bones for $500, Newark. In the Dec. 9 episode, “The Doctor in the Photo,” Brennan will make a shocking move that honestly might leave you in tears. I can’t say much more, but I can leave you with an equation: Heroism in “Two Bodies in the Lab” – real danger + tear-worthiness of last 20 minutes of “The Parts in the Sum of the Whole” + 1/2 of the weirdness in “The End in the Beginning” + Veronica Mars mini-reunion (Francis Capra and Enrico Colantoni!) = “The Doctor in the Photo”

What a description!
BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Bones Season Six Spoilers Empty GMMR: BONES: ‘The Doctor in the Photo’ You Ask, I Answer

Post  BonesFanFr Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:15 pm

www.givememyremote.com/remote/2010/12/03/bones-the-doctor-in-the-photo-you-ask-i-answer/

Marisa Roffman answers fans' questions about next week's episode.

Last edited by BonesFanFr on Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Bones Season Six Spoilers Empty TV Addict: Emily Deschanel Teases Thursday’s Brennan-centric

Post  BonesFanFr Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:48 pm

BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Bones Season Six Spoilers Empty blogs.orlandosentinel.com: Emily Deschanel's conference call Dec 02, 2010

Post  BonesFanFr Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:22 pm

BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:15 pm

Here's another interview from today's conference call. This article is almost identical to the prior one but it's not the same. Interesting they both quote Emily but quote her differently. Lol.

Link: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/12/bones-bolstered-by-kathy-reichs-david-boreanaz-fans-says-emily-deschanel.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%28TV+Guy%29&utm_content=Twitter

How long can “Bones” go on?

Emily Deschanel, who plays Dr. Temperance Brennan on the Fox drama, says she doesn’t know, and it’s out of her control as an actor anyway.

“I have a contract for eight seasons,” she said in a conference call today with reporters. “I can’t believe we’ve been here six seasons. … There are so many wonderful shows that get canceled in the first season.”

She pointed to two reasons her series had a fan base in the early going. The show was inspired by a book series by forensic anthropologist Kathy Reichs (who was named an expert witness this week by Casey Anthony’s defense team). And Deschanel’s co-star, David Boreanaz, had many followers from “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Angel.” Deschanel said those fans followed “Bones” as it switched time slots.

“Kathy Reichs is very successful. So many people love her books,” Deschanel said.

Although “Bones” is loosely based on the Reichs’ books, Deschanel said, “If you’re a fan of the books, I think you’ll be a fan of the show.”

Deschanel has an unsually personal and highly dramatic episode next week (the show airs at 8 p.m. Thursdays). Brennan finds parallels in her life to that of a slain surgeon, who didn’t have much of a personal life. The show is told from Brennan’s perspective, and she is visited by a night watchman (Enrico Colantoni), who may or may not be real. Deschanel is in every scene.

“It’s very personal to Brennan. She’s facing her mortality,” Deschanel said. “It forces Brennan into a place where she’s bold and aware of her feelings in a way she hasn’t been before.”

Deschanel sounds as if she’d be happy if the show runs a long time.

“I know I’m so lucky,” she said. “It’s a show I love doing and a character I have affection for. I love doing the show. I thought three seasons, and I’ll be exhausted by then.”

But that hasn’t happened.

“It keeps going. I’ve never thought, ‘We’ve been picked up. Darn!’ ” she said. “Right now I’m enjoying myself.”
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bones Season Six Spoilers Empty Emily's conference call - from Movieline

Post  BonesFanFr Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:28 pm

A few more details in that one:

www.movieline.com/2010/12/bones-preview-will-brennans-awakening-be-too-little-too-late.php

Bones Preview: Will Brennan’s Awakening Be Too Little, Too Late?

There is plenty to look forward to in next Thursday’s episode of Fox’s Bones.

For one, the Brennan-centric episode delivers a bravura performance by Emily Deschanel, whose socially detached alter ego has her world rocked by a case involving a woman whose physical, professional and psychological makeup matches that of our beloved doc - and whose tragic disappearance sadly went unnoticed.

It is through working that case that Brennan is prompted to reevaluate her own connections with people, especially with regards to one Agent Booth.

“It’s a different episode, and one of my favorite scripts,” Deschanel shared in a Friday conference call. “[Brennan] is looking at her life and seeing what she would be leaving behind when she dies - and you don’t see that side of her very often.”

“It forces Brennan to a place where she is bold, and aware of her feelings in a way she hasn’t been before,” Deschanel adds.

While we won’t reveal just how Brennan acts on this newfound insight, there is the question of whether this unsettling case will have lasting ramifications for the character.

“It affects her in many different, opposing ways, as you’ll see in episodes to come,” Deschanel told Movieline.

Alas, any “awakening” experienced by Temperance could be too little too late, as Booth’s romance with newswoman Hannah is set to further escalate.

“It actually does get more serious [between those two], and that creates a whole ‘situation’ for all of them,” Deschanel says. “There are internal conflicts for Brennan because she wants to be with Booth, she is realizing, but because she loves Booth she wants him to be happy - and he is happy with Hannah now.”

And what guy wouldn’t be? “Hannah is a wonderful, smart, tough, cool, beautiful…. You can’t blame Booth for falling in love with her,” Deschanel notes. So versus some TV love triangles where the third party is in one way or another unlikable, “It’s great to have a conflict where no one’s intending bad things,” Deschanel says. “It’s a wonderful dance.”

Then again, three people dancing with each other can get awkward - and awkward will be the word when Hannah gets wind of exactly who feels what for whom in the Booth/Bones relationship.

That upcoming reveal, Deschanel previews, “creates an interesting dynamic between these two [women] that you don’t see very often. It definitely creates some issues and conflict.”

BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Bones Season Six Spoilers Empty Emily's conference call, from EW

Post  BonesFanFr Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:17 pm

A few more details here and there:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/12/03/bones-emily-deschanel-the-gravedigger/?

'Bones' star Emily Deschanel on next week's big episode, the Gravedigger's return, and more

You saw in the preview for next week’s Bones that this is the episode where Brennan realizes she made a big mistake when she turned down Booth (dial 1-800-finally on your touch-tone phone). But what happens after to the calculated, emotionally closed squint queen following her long-awaited realization? Emily Deschanel braved a conference call of reporters to tell us what to expect following the big episode, the next time we’ll see the gravedigger, and what’s to come for Booth and Hannah. (It’s not good news, Hannah haters.) Here are the highlights:

1. After Brennan’s heartbreaking confession to Booth, “There is a reaction, but it might not be the reaction people want,” Deschanel said. “You’ll see Brennan kind of becoming more protected than she has been, even.”

2. Hanna and Booth will become more serious. The tone in Deschanel’s voice made me think that this might be the proposal executive producer Stephen Nathan told us about last month — but dear God, let’s hope I’m wrong and just reading too much into this.

3. We’ve been told since last season that we hadn’t seen the last of the Gravedigger — and in the first few episodes of 2011, she returns!

4. David Boreanaz has sat in the director’s chair a few times before (he will next helm the upcoming sniper episode), but Emily will not be directing an episode about a wedding planner as originally planned. The change was made following news of Bones’ new American Idol lead-in. “They were worried if we had two episodes very soon after Idol where I wasn’t very present in the show, it might take away [from the ratings],” she said. They are thinking about moving her directorial debut to the end of the season.

5. Hannah will learn about Brennan’s confession to Booth at the beginning of the 2011 episodes. “It creates a situation with Hannah and Brennan and their friendship,” she said.

6. Some upcoming cases will involve dare-devil BMX bikers and polygamy.

7. Booth has (so far) in the scripts not had any doubts about his decision to stay with Hannah. Ready, set…rant.

BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Bones Season Six Spoilers Empty Emily's conference call, from hollywood news

Post  BonesFanFr Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:23 pm

The most complete article until now, with full answers from Emily, not just one sentence.

www.hollywoodnews.com/2010/12/03/emily-deschanel-reveals-a-very-personal-episode-of-bones/
BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:51 pm

BonesFanFr wrote:The most complete article until now, with full answers from Emily, not just one sentence.

www.hollywoodnews.com/2010/12/03/emily-deschanel-reveals-a-very-personal-episode-of-bones/

Oh, awesome, this is the best one yet, thanks!

Ok, well the more I read what Emily said, the more I'm convinced that Booth and Hannah end up getting engaged. It gets more serious can mean a lot, and maybe she's just talking about him buying the ring and asking but .... "Yes, it actually does get more serious so that creates a whole situation for all of them." If he asks and Hannah says no or whatever, then I this line doesn't make sense.

It's going to be a long hard winter waiting to see the resolution of the 9th episode.
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:52 pm

I'm going to post the entire text of the article here too because sometimes links go bad and these articles end up disappearing, I'd hate to lose this. Smile

By Fred Topel

HollywoodNews.com: Warning: Some spoilers follow

Emily Deschanel has a very intense episode of Bones coming up. In “The Doctor in the Photo,” airing Thursday December 9 at 8, Brennan (Deschanel) analyzes the body of a surgeon. Her investigation shows a lot of parallels between the deceased and herself, including career habits, relationships or lack thereof. The case makes Brennan reflect on her life in an uncharacteristically emotional episode. Deschanel spoke with the media in a conference call to discuss next week’s show, with very minor spoilers.

Q: How did it feel to portray Brennan so vulnerably?

Emily Deschanel: It’s hard because you have to go through all the emotions that she’s going through. At the same time it’s refreshing because it’s a very different episode than most episodes of the show. It’s kind of strange. It’s a different episode but it was one of my favorite scripts. I haven’t seen the actual final cut yet but hopefully it’ll be one of my favorite episodes. It’s just very unique. It’s very personal to Brennan. She’s facing her own mortality and also looking at her life and seeing what she would be leaving behind when she dies. You don’t see that side of Brennan very often. She becomes very vulnerable trying to solve this case. Brennan thinks it sounds very familiar whether they’re physical or personal qualities. Then even looking at the photograph of the person who died, it looks like Brennan. This episode is from Brennan’s perspective. It’s very interesting but very terrifying for Brennan, confusing. Then she’s visited by a night watchman who we’re not even sure if he really exists in real life. Enrico Colantoni plays that part. It was hard to go through that because I was in every single scene of this episode so there were not breaks in this episode.

Q: What scene was the hardest to do in this episode?

ED: Basically, Brennan has to face her own life because this woman has died, she doesn’t have much of a persona life. The only people who listed her missing are people at work. She doesn’t have friends. She had kind of a romance with a guy but nothing really happened. No one really missed her and isn’t that every human’s worst fear? Dying and no one missed you, no one notices. This affects Brennan greatly, she starts relating to the character, believing it was her. She realizes she made a mistake saying no to Booth last year. It forces Brennan into a place where she is bold and kind of aware of her feelings in a way that she hasn’t been before. It’s a huge, very strange experience for her to become aware of her feelings. Here it takes a very strange experience for her to face her feelings and to see them. It was one of those scenes that you know is there and you prepare for it acting-wise. You know it’s coming up but it’s one of those things, it says that you’re crying in the scene and then you’re like, ‘It’s okay if I don’t cry, I don’t have to cry.’ But then walking in, everyone’s expecting that and there’s a lot of pressure. It’s one of those things as an actor that you kind of dread those scenes in a way. You’d rather it not be written in and just see if your emotions go to that place or not. At the same time, it’s good to have those markers to know where your breaking points are as a character. Where in the story is the low point?

Q: Does the episode end on a positive note?

ED: I think so. I think so and I think that she realizes that she isn’t that woman. She is not as extreme as this person but it’s always good to have those reminders in life to see who am I, what am I doing in life? Am I working my whole life away and not spending time with people who are important? Am I not taking a chance on something I’ll regret on my deathbed? Being around death all the time, fake death or in Brennan’s case real death, you are aware of your own mortality and you can’t help thinking about that. As a result, I think you have to become more bold in your life and take chances. I think that’s what Brennan is doing and that’s a wonderful thing, to make the most of our lives while we have it. Brennan took that chance and whether or not it worked out doesn’t matter as much as that she took that chance. Even if it is hard and sad, life is hard and sad at times and the point is we get through those times.

Q: What are the ramifications of these revelations in the subsequent episodes?

ED: Honestly, Brennan’s the kind of person that the closer she gets to opening up her feelings, the more closed off she becomes. After that, I think she becomes even more closed off in a way so there is the reaction. It may not be the reaction that people want from Brennan, but she rarely is predictable in that way. I think you’ll see Brennan becoming more protected than she has been. Then at times she’s open so I think it affects her but it affects her in many different, opposing ways you’ll see in many episodes to come.

Q: Was it a relief for you to go back to normal cases after such an emotionally involving one?

ED: Absolutely. Absolutely. It took a lot out of me and it was an exhausting episode physically, outside in the rain at night and all that stuff. I’m not saying poor me in any way but it was a relief to come back to doing an episode, these episodes about sister wives, things like that. Definitely a relief. Fluffy may not be exactly the right word for it, but it’s nice to have cases on the fluffier side of things. We have an episode about kind of daredevil BMX bikers. We have an episode about people who are polygamists. An episode like that seems to be popular now with different reality shows and Big Love. We have one with a grave digger which is action packed. There’s a sniper loose in D.C. David [Boreanaz] directs an episode about that which is great, great, fun action packed episode. I just love that episode. That’s a really exciting one.

Q: Will the Hannah/Booth dynamic get more serious?

ED: Yes, it actually does get more serious so that creates a whole situation for all of them. One thing I must say I love about this dynamic between Hannah and Booth and Brennan. Hannah is not a bad person. So many times you see a character come in as a love triangle when people want the two leads to get together. You have to like her, and that’s not an order but I just feel like she’s a nice person. Brennan certainly likes her and respects her. There are a lot of internal conflicts rather than external. There are internal conflicts in Brennan because she wants to be with Booth, she’s realizing this, but because she loves Booth she wants him to be happy. Booth is happy with Hannah now and that’s hard to see but she wants him to be happy. She also sees that Hannah is a wonderful, smart, tough, cool woman. You can’t really blame Booth for falling in love with her. There are all these conflicting emotions within one character alone. I just think it’s great to have conflict between characters, within characters where no one’s intending bad things. It’s just life. It’s what happens. I’ve seen this happen in life so many times where there are feelings for people and they don’t feel the same way but you can’t blame them. It’s a wonderful push and pull dance between the characters. I really like that dynamic but it does get more serious with Hannah.

Q: Won’t it come to a head when Hannah finds out about Brennan’s feelings for Booth?

ED: Yes, it will. Yes, it will. It’s going to be revealed in some way to Hannah about the situation with Brennan and Booth and Brennan revealing her feelings. It definitely creates a situation with Hannah and Brennan in their friendship so it’s an interesting dynamic between these two that you don’t see very often. It does definitely create some issues and conflict.

Q: You’re already on your sixth season which is a huge success. How long do you want the show to continue for?

ED: It’s such a good question. It’s so hard to know. I wish I had that perspective. It’s something I don’t really have control over at this point. I have a contract for eight seasons so I can’t say I’m done now. I’d rather not say, “We’re peaking I’m done” because I’d get in trouble for breaking my contract. I’d rather say we’re going for eight seasons. It’s something as an actor you only have so much control over. Some shows last 10 years and that’s incredible. I can’t believe we’ve been here six seasons, not because I don’t love it. It’s just there are so many wonderful shows that get cancelled in the first season. So many wonderful shows don’t get picked up in the first place. I’m so lucky to be doing a show I love and a character I love doing. I love doing the show. When I started, I thought three seasons, that’s the most. That’s such a long time and I’ll be exhausted by then and I will be done and then I can move onto other things. It keeps going but I never thought, “Oh, we got picked up for another season, darn it. I wish that hadn’t happened.” I’ve always been excited when we’ve been picked up for another season. Maybe talk to me when we’ve gone 11 years and I’ll say, “I’m done, I’m sick of it.” Right now I’m enjoying it and loving it and counting my lucky stars.

Q: Does it get exhausting to live in the skin of Brennan?

ED: Yes and no. I think that Brennan has become a lot more open over the years and you get to see her dorky, quirky side at times which is fun. So I kind of hang onto those moments and try to incorporate things like that in every episode. My favorite thing about people in general is that they have contradictions. Brennan is no exception to that rule. I love exploring the contradictions to her character and all of that. I’m an actor too so playing a character who is very different from myself is one of the best things to happen to me. So many times people are hired to play something very close to who they are in real life. It’s a wonderful opportunity to play this character who is very different. Sometimes I remind myself of her. I can be a real nerd and I say that in the most affectionate way but I’m very different. So I love the fact that I am different from the character. It’s true sometimes, especially when you’re doing certain episodes, you take it home with you a little bit. I’ve tried to make boundaries for myself where I leave work at work. I do all my acting work on the weekends and I learn my lines the day before. If there’s any work to do for the next day, I do it at work. I don’t leave work until I’ve finished that. I don’t like to take my work home and that means staying late, even after working 15 hours, I’ll stay another hour or two until I get things right. That said, it does leak into your personal life sometimes.

Q: What extra work did you have to do on “The Doctor in the Photo?”

ED: You just spend more time working on it. I worked with my acting teacher on it but there’s just a lot of work you do on your own. I hate talking about the acting process but it’s a lot of creating thoughts and memories and all that so there’s a lot of work to do. When it’s such a heavy episode, you’re facing such serious emotions in the character. It’s just more demanding so it takes longer to do. You’re just working harder on that. It’s stuff I love. I love doing that. So I like the challenge. I don’t think I could do it every single episode. Maybe I’d get used to it but I think it demands.

Q: Does anything about Brennan still surprise you?

ED: Yeah. I think I was surprised as she started to open up more. What I just love is, this is a couple seasons ago, but I love there was a scene where she asks Sweets to help her learn facial expressions, because she’s kind of almost on the autistic spectrum, almost Asperger-y, not quite but has some characteristics that fit into that. She doesn’t really understand how to read people’s emotions. I love that she recognized how to do this and get better at it. We had the Jersey Shore episode that surprised me. Just how much Brennan had studied this culture of the guidos and how seriously she took it. In a way things surprise me and in a way things don’t because of course she studied these guidos and of course she takes it very seriously as an anthropological study. Yes and no. I love so many different qualities, especially when she’s trying to grow as a person.

Q: What advice would you give to actors trying to get a start?

ED: Study acting. Do theater. Do as many plays. Play as many different kind of characters as you possibly can. Stretch as far as you can. Make it about the acting. So many people get caught up in the looks and the agents and the business of it all and who you know. I guess that’s valid but if you concentrate on the acting, I can’t say that everything will fall into place because I know so many incredibly talented actors who are struggling. I heard somebody say once that it’s 90% perseverance and 5% talent and I think that’s true, but if you’re perseverant and concentrate on the acting, that’s all I say.

Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next