Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Review of The Doctor in the Photo

2 posters

Go down

My Review of The Doctor in the Photo Empty My Review of The Doctor in the Photo

Post  Bailey Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:22 pm

I’m not sure anyone will read this. It’s long and rambling and it’s probably all already been said but I needed to write it, I needed to say it to someone. This episode was amazing on so many levels. Regardless of your current feelings toward this storyline and how pessimistic you might be, I think we all can see this as a turning point in the ongoing saga of Booth and Brennan. It’s not a happy turning point, because this isn’t the end of their story … we’re in the middle here, and sometimes the middle can be rough but it’s also where all the good stuff is.

I didn’t get to see the first scene Thursday night due to Fox frigging up the broadcast on the east coast but I have since watched it online. Brennan standing in front of her refrigerator, looking at how orderly and neat everything was symbolic and also a reminder that life is about perspective as well. At this point Brennan was pushing down her feelings of loneliness and was simply putting together a nice dinner for her friends. While we may have seen it as lonely Brennan at the head of the table, with two happy couples surrounding her, I’m not sure that’s how Brennan saw it at that point. She was with people she knows and enjoys spending time with and she was taking care of them, cooking for them. This is something I understand. As a single person who is usually surrounded by happy couples this is how I try to view the world around me. It works. I find I can be happy if I just realize my place. That the people around me do love me and I just carry on with them as I can and find joy and peace in that. I put it into a perspective I can deal with. I won’t lie, occasionally this gets difficult to do; and when that happens to me, I retreat, spend a few days (or weeks) being anti-social until I want contact again and then I go back to being okay with what I have, because although at the moment I’m not “paired off” my life is pretty sweet otherwise. With Brennan, her perspective was changed suddenly and in a way she couldn’t understand (and let’s not discount the added obstacle that she’s hopelessly in love with a member of one of those happy couples.)

Booth, in this scene was old Booth to me. While I know some people thought he was treating Brennan like a circus trick, I thought it was reminiscent of what their relationship has always been. He was beaming with pride at her when she “did her thing” with that chicken. Although, as a side note, that deeply disturbed me and I assume that somehow that was not a real chicken carcass because I cannot imagine Emily being happy with forking around on an actual chicken like that. I’m a vegetarian but nowhere near as devoted and astute as Emily and I wouldn’t want to do that. At the same time, I get that it also got a point across for the cause, when she pointed out it was a “free range” chicken as opposed to the product of factory farming and described how the animal was killed.

Brennan’s first signs that the victim was a lot like herself were physical. Although I’m still standing by my original assertion that I do not believe Brennan actually weighs 140 pounds. What I did find interesting was the dolphin ring. Have we even really seen Brennan wear a dolphin ring before?? No. She always wears the ring of her mother’s that Max gave to her. I thought it would’ve said more for continuity had they just used that ring. I always loved that Brennan keeps her mother’s ring on at all times and it bothers me that they switched it out for this episode. I suppose it was to be to a recognizable symbol (the dolphin) that viewers could clearly see it was the same ring. I’d like to know the reasoning behind the discussion.

My least favorite scene of this entire episode was hands down the scene at the diner with Booth, Brennan and Hannah. I’m not a Hannah-hater, but I’m not necessarily a Hannah-fan either. I don’t buy the chemistry between Hannah and Booth or between Hannah and Brennan. And in this scene, having Hannah be the one to point out that the victim was “single, no kids, outside of people at work there was no one to miss her” was a low blow. I will give Booth credit here though because I think he got what that meant to Brennan. And also for not beaming with pride for Hannah because she “checked Bing.” Again, old Booth, I like that guy. And he sticks around. In the scene with Lauren’s colleague, he got that she was starting to be affected by this case. He doesn’t say anything, but that’s Booth and Brennan, he knows not to push her. Long, worried looks and one genuine, “Are you all right?” seemed in character for them.

Micah. I know there’s differing opinions on if Micah is real or not. And I like that the writer of this episode refused to give an answer to what she intended him to be because that leaves it up to the viewer to figure out. Personally, I don’t think he’s real. My reasoning? No one else sees the security guard and Booth doesn’t even recognize his name. In their talks Micah says that he’s known her for nine years. If he’d been a security guard at the Jeffersonian for that long, Booth would’ve known his name. That’s the kind of guy Booth is. Remember when Hank Riley died in “Double Death of the Dearly Departed”? Brennan barely knew Hank but Booth was fantasy football buddies with him. Brennan isn’t one to make friends with the other scientists at the Jeffersonian, let alone security guards. Booth would know the guards, at least enough to know their names.

This is a logical argument but not my real one. I really want Micah to be a figment of Brennan’s imagination because of the relationship they had. This episode was meant to give us a look inside of Brennan’s head. I believe Micah is Brennan’s way of having the type of relationship that she’s never managed to before. When she tells him that she can understand every word he says and that isn’t true with anyone else. That gave me chills. It really did. It’s like, I get it, Brennan doesn’t “hear” the other characters the way the audience does and that’s part of why we love her. It’s also the driving force of the conflict on the show. (More on that later, when I get to the infamous scene in the car.) But it makes sense that if Brennan’s creating this person in which to find solace, she’s going to be able to understand him. Also, later in the episode, Brennan lets Micah take her home, without argument, she also throughout lets him feed her. Brennan fusses and complains when Booth tries to take care of her like this, but she doesn’t fight Micah, she just goes with it. I think that was Brennan’s brain crying out for someone to take care of her again. She’s missed that, she always needed it but she didn’t realize how much until it was gone. As Brennan said “some people are very adept at keeping their pain hidden,” and she’s the master of this, even from herself.

When the helicopter pilot says Lauren turned him down every time, Booth looks quickly toward Brennan. Then he sends Sweets to talk to her. She doesn’t send Sweets away, she tried to get him to help her, in her own way, which may seem small but was a big step for Brennan in my opinion.

On a shallow note, I love that Brennan is in jeans in this episode.

When Brennan’s having the conversation with Lauren about the helicopter pilot, I love the line, “I’m not sure you could call him mine.” I love that we’re hearing Brennan’s thoughts about Booth. She says, as Lauren, exactly what she would say were someone to ask her the same questions about Booth. And I think, when Brennan says she saw pain in the helicopter pilot’s eyes that she took that and projected it to Booth. Maybe it was remembering that pain that he had in his eyes before (Hannah that is), or maybe she still sees that pain in his eyes now. I’d argue it’s still there, especially after this episode, and if Brennan wasn’t consciously ready to admit that, I think she was admitting it subconsciously here.

I liked Hannah more in the scene with them in Booth’s office more than I have all season. I know a lot of people hated that scene, but I liked it. The way she said “I hate it when you two argue.” She hated it because when they argue she can see how passionate they are toward one another. Also she feels left out because when they’re in that Booth/Brennan mode, there’s no room for anyone else, not even her. I also think Hannah was sincerely worried about Brennan, and that makes it hard to hate her. Even though Hannah was there; neither Booth nor Brennan address her directly aside from when Brennan says, “Thanks for eavesdropping” which will forever be one of my favorite lines. Hannah was standing right beside of him, but Booth was totally, one hundred percent wrapped up in Bones’ pain at that moment. He didn’t understand what was happening, and he was scared for her, and even when Hannah looks at him to try to share a “moment” while Brennan drops her head, he doesn’t take his eyes off of Brennan.

Brennan storming the platform to tell the squints how she "feels" and their looks of concern for her … I love that scene. By this point Brennan looks so tired and worn down that it probably scares them. (Which brings me to a side note that Emily’s makeup; making her look more and more tired as the time wears on in this episode was amazing, so realistic.) They’re confused but they’re going to do whatever she says if it’ll help her. They’ve never seen Brennan like this before, and they have no idea what to say or do. Another sign that Brennan isn’t Lauren, she does have plenty of people who care for her. I’d also like to point out that even though these three people clearly care about Brennan, it’s interesting that they weren’t the ones following her the next night.

I’m torn between if Brennan was so exhausted and upset that she didn’t realize what she was doing when she’s standing in the middle of the road that night in the rain, or if she was deliberately putting herself in danger. But regardless of her reason, Booth was there. How long had he been following her? I think he started after that conversation in his office, when he saw that she was truly falling apart and he knew that he’d do whatever it took to put her back together. Only at this point he doesn’t know that this time, he’s not going to be able to solve this for her.

The car scene. It was spoiled so I knew what was coming, and I knew Booth would turn her down; it was the only way that it would work. But, what I didn’t expect was for Brennan to be so hopeful when she told him that she “got the signal.” I thought she’d be the one to bring up Hannah, but she didn’t. She jumped right in with both feet and said I get it and she expected him to ... I'm not sure what she expected but she didn't expect him to say what he did.

But wait a minute, she got his sign? She just now got it? It’s been over a year right? This puts a whole new spin on the 100th for me. Brennan didn’t get what he was asking then. Like she tells Micah she doesn’t always understand when people are talking to her, not even Booth. Okay, in a way, sure she got it. But she didn’t get what she was passing up, she didn’t get that he really meant what he was saying. Now she does. But it’s too late, he doesn’t mean it anymore.

Booth’s reaction was exactly what it had to be. As much as I wanted Booth to say, “Cool, let’s go home and make out like teenagers” it would have been soap operish and out of character and ultimately unfulfilling for the audience. The only part of Booth’s dialogue that I did not like was the “those are the facts.” It seemed unnecessarily cold and painful. I like that he was still worried about her, he wanted to call someone to be with her. I think that he wanted to be the one to comfort her, but he, and all of us know that it couldn’t be him. He can’t move on with Hannah if he allows himself to take care of Bones because put in that position he won’t be able to deny how he feels about her. And Brennan can’t move on if he keeps giving her mixed signals. So, no, Booth couldn’t take her home and stay with her that night, but he wanted to so he offers a surrogate. There is no way Booth will ever forget what Brennan said to him in that car. And it will eat at him little by little unless he realizes that he’s not over her. He may love Hannah, I believe that he does, but he also still loves Bones, and the only way out of this is going to be to hurt one of them. I think we all know who that’s going to be. The only question is exactly how that comes about and when.

The final scene when Micah says that sad is better than dead. With my theory that Micah isn’t real, then I think that was Brennan, coming to realize that she can move on. She can make it without Booth. There is still a lot of life to live for her. I like that the episode ends with Brennan smiling, she’s sad but she’s no longer broken. Her world has turned right side up again, and eventually fellow Bones fans, so will ours.
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

https://emilydeschanel.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My Review of The Doctor in the Photo Empty Re: My Review of The Doctor in the Photo

Post  BonesFanFr Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:30 pm

That's a pity Fox messed up and you could not see the beginning live. So that's a review! Smile I agree, it was amazing and will remain one of my favourite episodes. I thought as well this was not the end of their story but a turning point. Along with the 100th episode. Emily was brilliant, and I really like the fact that they took great care of her make-up, Brennan looked more and more exhausted and vulnerable.

I noticed too the look of her fridge, everything in order. I also noted her face while preparing the dinner, there's only some emptiness and sadness. We only see glimpses of it when there are people around, especially when it is about Booth, because she is very good at hiding her pain. But at home, with nobody around, she does have to. Anyway, she makes sure that everything is perfect for her friends. She is happy for them, but I'm not sure she knows how she feels herself.

I did not really take Booth asking Brennan to “do her thing” as a circus trick either, but rather when you know the person has a talent, and yes, he was proud of her. On the other hand, I'm not sure how Brennan felt. She sounded very clinical. Sure, she is a vegetarian (it was already nice of her to have thought of her guests who aren't), she was not going to smile while speaking, but I felt she was tired. Not because Booth asked her to do it, but in general.
As about the carcass, I have no idea, since they can make things look very real. But either way, it was a good way to inform people that free range does not mean no suffering for the chickens, even if it is better than factory farming.

I don't look very closely at Brennan's jewellery so I can't say if we really have never seen the dolphin ring before, especially the first and a half seasons. But I agree that since she got her mother's ring from Max, she always had it on, so it was a little strange that it was suddenly gone.

Not a Hannah hater but not a fan either. Maybe because even if we know a little more about her, she still seem 2-dimensional to me. Also, she seemed not really concerned by what she had found on the internet. No need to cry over the news of course, but she talked about it as if just an anecdote. And yes, she was tactless when she described Lauren. But maybe we perceived it that way but not her. Brennan is single and has no kids, and it seems to me that Booth is reading the article on Hannah's laptop, so it's possible it's written something like there was no family to contact for further investigation, so the reason why Hannah said that outside of people at work, there was nobody to miss her. Which Hannah knows it's not the case for Brennan, she has a family and even if Booth, Angela and Hodgins are work related people, they also are her friends. And Hannah considers herself as one of Brennan's friends too. But Booth knowing Brennan much better, he got what the description meant for her -even if he also knows that though work-relative, they are also Brennan's friends-, and he worries for Brennan.

I like too that they did not say if Micah was real or not, though on the other hand I think I would like to know. My first thought was he was real. Sure, Booth does not know him, but to me the fact that he even knew Hank Riley does not means that he knows everybody at the Jeffersonian. Especially someone being there at night. Which is why the others don't see him since they are there during the day. As for bringing cookies and tea, yes she is not always very nice to Booth about food, but to me it seems it is when Booth tries to stay longer than necessary or when they are in a hurry. We have seen Zack and Cam bringing her a mug when being up all night long, or Angela bringing her food and she takes it while looking at a casefile. And though I agree she does not make friends easily, even among the scientists, I don't think she would exclude some people to talk to because of their profession. It does not mean that she would befriend them, but I don't think she would avoid small talks. If they've known each other for 9 years, it's even before Goodman hired her, so after many nights at the lab throughout the years, it is not impossible that Micah would have learn how to talk to Brennan and she would enjoy small breaks especially if he'd seemed interested in what she was doing.

On the other hand, security guards are not “everybody”, and since there were security problems a few times at the lab and once a security guard was involved, it's logical to think that Booth would know them, especially one working there for so long. And enjoying a small talk does not mean she would accept him to send her back home in a taxi. Interesting point is the fact Brennan says he is the only one who ever made sense to her. It would make sense if he was actually a figment of her imagination, the part of her she rarely lets out but who is there under the surface.

But anyway, it also lets us know that even if people seem clear to us, what Brennan sometimes hear is noise, which explains a lot about her relationships with people. I also like your theory about crying out for someone to take care of her, what Booth was doing before.
And it was sad to hear Brennan say about Lauren that some people were very adept at hiding their pain, knowing that yes, it was valid for her as well. She knows very well to hide her emotional pain from people, and you're right, from herself as well.

I agree that while they talk to the helicopter pilot, Booth looks to Brennan, but I think here it's not only about her, about about him as well. The pilot said “every time”, though Booth only tried once. I think maybe it hit him that he gave up too fast. And I think it's not only Booth who sent Sweets to Brennan. Sweets mentions that Cam and Angela talked to him as well. I was surprised to see Brennan asking Sweets about the picture instead of just dismissing him, and also that after he talked to her at the diner, she said she would consider what he said instead of her usual it's of no use (even if we saw many times that she followed her advice without telling him).

I'm not sure if Brennan projected to Booth when she said she believed she had perceived pain in the pilot's eyes. But she was prompt to deny the fact you can see a person's intentions and desire in the eyes. So if it is what she thinks (or at least thought until then), it would explain why she would not have seen what we've all been in Booth's eyes. Or anyway, misinterpreted. And would not understand facial expressions on people in general.

I think as well that Hannah was sincere when she asked Brennan if she was ok in Booth's office. It was the first time Brennan was reacting that way. It was clear as well that Booth was very concerned about Brennan when he saw her on the verge of crying, and it was as if Hannah was not there.

When Brennan arrives at the platform, I think Angela, Hodgins and Cam were talking about Brennan and they were worried. But only Hodgins seems not totally ok with Brennan saying how she feels. Angela says it's a little weird but ok, but Hodgins seems to think it is much more serious than they had believed. But it is still Booth who is checking on her more closely. I know some people thought it was weird he appeared just like that, but since the episode was from Brennan's point of view, it is logical that she did not know that he had been following her. And I'm sure he would never have told her. I don't think Brennan deliberately put her in danger, I think she was just too much in her thoughts, following her intuition. Combined with the exhaustion from many sleepless nights, it's no wonder she did not fully realise she was standing in the middle of the road and it could be very dangerous.

It's really a pity the promo department chose to include that scene in the car. I get why, but it spoiled a spontaneous reaction.
Considering that Booth is in a relationship with Hannah, and serious about it (at least to a certain extend since he left aside many points about himself from what we could see, but of course, Brennan does not know), it can be seen as strange that Brennan would not only admit she made a mistake but was somehow hoping that maybe there could be something. I think there was a lot of confusion in her, so many things going on, that she was not completely realising the situation and what she might have been asking.
I'm not sure that when she said she got the signal, it was about what Booth asked in the 100th ep, as she seemed to get it then. Her answer to his “I want to give this a shot” is “you mean, us?” and then “No, the FBI won't let us work together as a couple”. It seems quite clear to me that she understood him perfectly. I'd rather think that the signal she is talking about is that, same as Lauren with the helicopter pilot, she had never given Booth a chance.
I believe she thought about Micah's words about signals from the universe while in the taxi, and about Lauren having regrets not taking a chance. Probably as well about Lauren in general and that she realised she was not her. And that she did not want to die with regrets. And why, she told Booth. Unfortunately her timing was too late, but I think what only mattered to her at that moment was to tell out loud what she could not tell him in the 100th ep.
Of course, Booth did not have the choice but telling her no, he is with Hannah now. I don't see how he could have agreed and tell Hannah that it was over. And I agree that if he could appear cold throughout the ride, what I saw was someone trying to deal with Brennan's admission as well as with her emotions. As for his “those are the facts”, I think it was a way to tell her as simply as possible, just what the situation was. Because he was trying to keep as much control as he could, maybe also trying to protect himself. You could hear his voice, very quiet, and also he closed his eyes once.
He is still trying to find a balance with his relation with Brennan, having Hannah in his life, and the fact that he is trying so hard with Hannah but at the same time hiding things about his past, and about Brennan, that things might get a little hard for him. He is not over Brennan, otherwise it would not be so hard for him to have her around, and now it will be harder. I agree he won't be able to forget what Brennan said, and it might have some impacts in his relationship with Hannah.

As for the final scene, Micah being real or not, I agree that Brennan realised that she could move on. She is sad yes, but as is said, better sad than dead or dead inside, and dead inside I think she was a little because she could not verbalize what she was feeling about the situation. She had her feelings buried, like when preparing the dinner at the beginning of the episode, which should have been a happy time. Now, the situation is not the one she hoped it could be for a little time, but at least, she is not stuck anymore where she was. And yes, her world turned upside right again, as will ours at some point Smile

And you see Bailey, that I was not able to write a short answer... I hope it's not too confusing.
BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

My Review of The Doctor in the Photo Empty Re: My Review of The Doctor in the Photo

Post  Bailey Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:02 pm

BonesFanFr wrote:

Not a Hannah hater but not a fan either. Maybe because even if we know a little more about her, she still seem 2-dimensional to me. Also, she seemed not really concerned by what she had found on the internet. No need to cry over the news of course, but she talked about it as if just an anecdote. And yes, she was tactless when she described Lauren. But maybe we perceived it that way but not her. Brennan is single and has no kids, and it seems to me that Booth is reading the article on Hannah's laptop, so it's possible it's written something like there was no family to contact for further investigation, so the reason why Hannah said that outside of people at work, there was nobody to miss her. Which Hannah knows it's not the case for Brennan, she has a family and even if Booth, Angela and Hodgins are work related people, they also are her friends. And Hannah considers herself as one of Brennan's friends too. But Booth knowing Brennan much better, he got what the description meant for her -even if he also knows that though work-relative, they are also Brennan's friends-, and he worries for Brennan.

Yes, I agree ... I didn't dislike Hannah here but I think it showed how much better Booth knows Brennan than Hannah does. Which only makes sense of course. I hadn't thought of it this way before your post but you're totally right.

I like too that they did not say if Micah was real or not, though on the other hand I think I would like to know. My first thought was he was real. Sure, Booth does not know him, but to me the fact that he even knew Hank Riley does not means that he knows everybody at the Jeffersonian. Especially someone being there at night. Which is why the others don't see him since they are there during the day. As for bringing cookies and tea, yes she is not always very nice to Booth about food, but to me it seems it is when Booth tries to stay longer than necessary or when they are in a hurry. We have seen Zack and Cam bringing her a mug when being up all night long, or Angela bringing her food and she takes it while looking at a casefile. And though I agree she does not make friends easily, even among the scientists, I don't think she would exclude some people to talk to because of their profession. It does not mean that she would befriend them, but I don't think she would avoid small talks. If they've known each other for 9 years, it's even before Goodman hired her, so after many nights at the lab throughout the years, it is not impossible that Micah would have learn how to talk to Brennan and she would enjoy small breaks especially if he'd seemed interested in what she was doing.

I do disagree with you a bit on this point. Smile Throughout the years they've shown that Brennan doesn't pay much attention to other people. In Titan on the Tracks she doesn't even know the name of the cop who Booth says she's meet many times, etc. When she first met Daisy she said she preferred not to even learn her name until she proved her value. I don't think she's the type of person who makes small talk with night security guards: not because she thinks she's better than them or whatever typical reasons you'd think a person would have for that but because she's Brennan. She sees the world different than the rest of us (which this episode helped us to see better I think), I don't think it makes her a bad person but I think it is out of character for her to befriend the guard.
[/quote]

Interesting point is the fact Brennan says he is the only one who ever made sense to her. It would make sense if he was actually a figment of her imagination, the part of her she rarely lets out but who is there under the surface.

Yes, this is the point that really set me off on him not being a real person. That she says she gets him and realizes that's odd for her to get someone like that.

I agree that while they talk to the helicopter pilot, Booth looks to Brennan, but I think here it's not only about her, about about him as well. The pilot said “every time”, though Booth only tried once. I think maybe it hit him that he gave up too fast.

Another good point I hadn't thought about; perhaps Booth did think that maybe he should've tried again. I think that it wasn't so much that he gave up on her though than that she ran away from her so quickly after he tried. Then she didn't call or even write him and he met Hannah and decided to try and move on.

I think as well that Hannah was sincere when she asked Brennan if she was ok in Booth's office. It was the first time Brennan was reacting that way. It was clear as well that Booth was very concerned about Brennan when he saw her on the verge of crying, and it was as if Hannah was not there.

This was my favorite Hannah scene so far this season. She seemed like a real character to me here, and I loved that they (Booth/Hannah) were both so focused on Brennan.

He is still trying to find a balance with his relation with Brennan, having Hannah in his life, and the fact that he is trying so hard with Hannah but at the same time hiding things about his past, and about Brennan, that things might get a little hard for him. He is not over Brennan, otherwise it would not be so hard for him to have her around, and now it will be harder. I agree he won't be able to forget what Brennan said, and it might have some impacts in his relationship with Hannah.

Yep, this is just another turning point in their story.

And you see Bailey, that I was not able to write a short answer... I hope it's not too confusing.

There are no short answers to this episode. Lol. Love that a television show can make us think so much, nothing wrong with that! Smile
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

https://emilydeschanel.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BonesFanFr Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:59 am

Bailey (Wed 15 Dec 2010, 00:02) wrote:I do disagree with you a bit on this point. Smile Throughout the years they've shown that Brennan doesn't pay much attention to other people. In Titan on the Tracks she doesn't even know the name of the cop who Booth says she's meet many times, etc. When she first met Daisy she said she preferred not to even learn her name until she proved her value. I don't think she's the type of person who makes small talk with night security guards: not because she thinks she's better than them or whatever typical reasons you'd think a person would have for that but because she's Brennan. She sees the world different than the rest of us (which this episode helped us to see better I think), I don't think it makes her a bad person but I think it is out of character for her to befriend the guard.

I agree that Brennan often does not remember people's names even after meeting them several times, and what she said to Daisy. But Micah said that they had known each other for 9 years. It could be possible that it started with "Hellos" only and that over time, especially that he seems interested in what she is doing, they talked a little. My use of "small talk" may not have been right here.

Yes, this is the point that really set me off on him not being a real person. That she says she gets him and realizes that's odd for her to get someone like that.
And the fact that among all the scientific stuff, there is a lot of psychology but she does not go against, or at least not too much.
But on the othe rhand, that's also in this episode that she openly says to Sweet that she will consider what he said, while in previous episodes, she just said it was nonsense -even if per her actions we know she had thought about it-.

Another good point I hadn't thought about; perhaps Booth did think that maybe he should've tried again. I think that it wasn't so much that he gave up on her though than that she ran away from her so quickly after he tried. Then she didn't call or even write him and he met Hannah and decided to try and move on.
I agree, she ran away, and even if we know why because of the talk she had with Angela, Booth did not know it. But between the 100th ep and the finale, Booth never tried again.

And in the finale, Booth decided to believe Sweets when he said Brennan was leaving because Daisy told him. Except that Brennan had told Daisy she had to talk Booth about it first. Booth just assumed that Brennan would take her decision on her own. Granted that Brennan was very excited about the dig from the beginning on, and that she told Booth that she would like to accept, but she had not made a definitive decision. Booth is very defensive on the bench, telling her she didnot need his permission. To me it sounded like he was realising that he had believed rumors and had had a poor opinion about Brennan.

As for not calling or writing, that was not the first time Brennan was away without giving news. It was not specific to this particular situation. He tried once, immediately said he had to move on, and did it even if it didnot work out, did not try again with Brennan after that, gave rational explanations after the gravedigger case when Brennan was showing distress instead of trying to have her talk to him, and then decided to leave to Afghanistan without talking to her about it. Why would Brennan call him right then when she never had contacted anyone before?

There are no short answers to this episode. Lol. Love that a television show can make us think so much, nothing wrong with that! Smile
I love that too. Especially it is the first time it can happen in real time. The only two shows I was interested in to the point of checking on the Internet (about 10 years ago) had their last episodes aired in France when I found out about them, while already over for a year in the USA. So there was not so much to talk about anymore.

BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down