Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6.09 The Doctor in the Photo Promo

3 posters

Go down

6.09 The Doctor in the Photo Promo Empty 6.09 The Doctor in the Photo Promo

Post  Bailey Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Ok, guys thought we needed a special thread for this one. Here's the link if you haven't seen it (or feel the need to watch it for a 30th time as I do).

This promo has blown me away. I mean she freaking tells him?!! Really? I honestly did not see that coming. I thought maybe she'd say it to the security guard, possibly to Angela, but to Booth? Now, I've been thinking about this all day (yea, I know, probably not a great thing I was way too distracted at work today.) I was thinking that Booth wouldn't understand what she meant when she said she made a mistake. But now after reading all the articles from the conference call ED did, I'm thinking, ok he had to get it. And Emily's saying that Hannah finds out what Brennan said too?! Wow -- that's pretty major, IMO.

The problem I'm having is I cannot wrap my mind around how they go from this confession to Booth proposing to Hannah. It's disturbing for me. Lol. It's like I know that BB will end up together, Hannah isn't part of the end game, the whole deal is to take a look at how Hannah affects them as a couple, but at this point, I just don't see how they're going to do it. Which I guess means it's a good storyline since it isn't predictible, but this spoiler whore likes to be able to figure things out!

I just cannot imagine Booth being able to be mean to her while she's breaking down like that. I mean, I figured he'd tell her he'd move on if she did ever tell him that she'd changed her mind; but with her sobbing like that how could he possibly be like, "Sorry Bones, too late." And the look on his face is clearly like "WTF? Did she just say that?" But obviously he is still all about the Hannah, so what does he say? If he's callous to her, it'll be hard to watch. But I really don't think he will be, Marissa said he was more pre-season 6 Booth in this episode.

I'm almost as excited about Booth saving her from that truck as I am for the scene in the Sequoia. It's been a while since he's "saved" her physically, and why is he there? Apparently he had some reason to be concerned that he shows up while she's roaming around in the rain.
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

https://emilydeschanel.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

6.09 The Doctor in the Photo Promo Empty Re: 6.09 The Doctor in the Photo Promo

Post  fooloutofme Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:49 am

I am having the same problem. I am SO excited about this episode and yet, I am so confused. I just don't understand how we are going to go from "I made a mistake" sobbingcryingsavingliveslovefest to Booth proposing to Hannah. It is seriously bothering me. I guess if I was less spoiled this wouldn't be a problem, but in a way I am glad I know because with that promo I would already be celebrating the lovers getting together...lol.

ETA: I just watched it again for the 20th time and I just can not comprehend how he could possibly turn that woman down! Omg heartcrushing.
fooloutofme
fooloutofme
Lab Rat
Lab Rat

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:41 am

fooloutofme wrote:I am having the same problem. I am SO excited about this episode and yet, I am so confused. I just don't understand how we are going to go from "I made a mistake" sobbingcryingsavingliveslovefest to Booth proposing to Hannah. It is seriously bothering me. I guess if I was less spoiled this wouldn't be a problem, but in a way I am glad I know because with that promo I would already be celebrating the lovers getting together...lol.

ETA: I just watched it again for the 20th time and I just can not comprehend how he could possibly turn that woman down! Omg heartcrushing.

The only thing that helps me is knowing that the end game will be BB, I know they'll get there, and somehow going through all this will get them there, and how awesome is that going to be? Delayed gratification always a good thing. Smile I think they really have something great planned for these two. Love that Nathan said in that article with Marissa that Hannah is just there to put a new spin Booth & Brennan. Something nice to keep in mind. It's just hard because it's all spread out. If we could watch all the episodes all at once, it'd be easier. Lol.
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BonesFanFr Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:00 pm

I did not think either that Brennan would tell Booth. Of course, from the promo, it's just comes out, it's not something she had planned to tell him, or that suddenly happens while they're talking. But still.
I'm curious to see how Hannah finds out.

As for Booth's reaction in the car, well, I don't find it strange that he looks surprised. Brennan generally does not really show what she feels, or if so, she keeps some control. And until now her biggest reaction is like when she is in the barn in "The woman in Limbo" or in her flat in "Judas on a pole". So it is a big choc for him. Then, what can he say? "So then, let's be together!" He is with Hannah now, it would be a poor reaction to Hannah. At least it seems that his nicer reaction to Brennan we saw in last episode's last scene won't be the last, as you say, from Marisa's comment.

And for the proposal, Emily said that what Brennan wants is Booth to be happy and right now, though it's hard for her to see, Booth is happy with Hannah. She also said that she thinks Brennan becomes even more closed off.
From Booth's perspective, he is with Hannah now, trying to make things work. And Hannah tries as well, as seen with Parker. So what can he do? Telling Hannah that he is sorry but she was the second best since he could not be with Brennan, but that now Brennan admitted her feelings, he wants to try and be with his first choice? That would really not be nice toward Hannah.
Moreover, if after telling Booth, Brennan becomes more closed off, I don't think any attempt from Booth would be successful.

So to me, the logical thing to happen is that the situation does not change. At least from the outside, it does not mean that the characters won't think about it.
Also, the proposal, if it really is Booth proposing Hannah, won't happen in the episode right after this one, but several later.
BonesFanFr
BonesFanFr
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:23 pm

BonesFanFr wrote:I did not think either that Brennan would tell Booth. Of course, from the promo, it's just comes out, it's not something she had planned to tell him, or that suddenly happens while they're talking. But still.
I'm curious to see how Hannah finds out.

As for Booth's reaction in the car, well, I don't find it strange that he looks surprised. Brennan generally does not really show what she feels, or if so, she keeps some control. And until now her biggest reaction is like when she is in the barn in "The woman in Limbo" or in her flat in "Judas on a pole". So it is a big choc for him. Then, what can he say? "So then, let's be together!" He is with Hannah now, it would be a poor reaction to Hannah. At least it seems that his nicer reaction to Brennan we saw in last episode's last scene won't be the last, as you say, from Marisa's comment.

And for the proposal, Emily said that what Brennan wants is Booth to be happy and right now, though it's hard for her to see, Booth is happy with Hannah. She also said that she thinks Brennan becomes even more closed off.
From Booth's perspective, he is with Hannah now, trying to make things work. And Hannah tries as well, as seen with Parker. So what can he do? Telling Hannah that he is sorry but she was the second best since he could not be with Brennan, but that now Brennan admitted her feelings, he wants to try and be with his first choice? That would really not be nice toward Hannah.
Moreover, if after telling Booth, Brennan becomes more closed off, I don't think any attempt from Booth would be successful.

So to me, the logical thing to happen is that the situation does not change. At least from the outside, it does not mean that the characters won't think about it.
Also, the proposal, if it really is Booth proposing Hannah, won't happen in the episode right after this one, but several later.

I think what this episode will change is that we'll go from seeing Brennan dealing with coming to terms with her feelings to dealing with Booth coming to terms with her feelings. After she tells him, she'll close off and try to move on because she just wants him to be happy. But he'll be left knowing how she feels, so maybe his method of doing that is by getting closer to Hannah. After Emily said that Booth/Hannah get closer, I kinda think they do get engaged now. Before I thought he'd ask and Hannah would say no, or he wouldn't ask, and they'd break up in episode 13, now I'm just not sure. My bet at this point is Hannah/Booth end up eventually breaking up (whenever that is) because of something seemingly unrelated to Brennan.

I kinda wish I could quit watching the show ... focus on something different, then watch them all at once in May. Watching this storyline play out so slowly is killing me. Lol.
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down