Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quotes (from or about Emily)

2 posters

Go down

Quotes (from or about Emily) Empty Quotes (from or about Emily)

Post  Bailey Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:18 pm

Keep running across small snippets about Emily online and didn't want to lose them but wasn't sure where to keep them either, so I thought this type of thread would work! Now if I can only find the ones I had passed up earlier. Smile

Zooey on Emily

I grew up believing my sister was from the planet Neptune and had been sent down to Earth to kill me.

I believed this because my sister Emily convinced me of it when I was a toddler. I think she'd seen Invasion Of The Body Snatchers and her imagination ran away with her. There's a part of me that still believes it. I have moments when I think, 'Hmm, could that be true?' Occasionally I ask my sister about it and she responds by pulling an alien face, which only confuses matters.

Your sister is doing pretty well as an actor too. Is there any chance of you guys working together?

Zooey Deschanel: Yeah, we've thought about it. It's funny because she's three years older than me. She's actually four years in school, so when I was in middle school, she was in high school. She finished high school and I didn't. I started working in high school and so I still think of her as my beautiful older sister, so I would love to work with her. We're so different. She does a lot of period pieces. We don't really look alike at all, so I don't even know if people would believe we're sisters. Some people think we look exactly alike, saying ‘We look exactly alike.' I'm like, ‘She's a foot taller than me. We have totally different facial features.' I'm flattered if people think we look alike. But yeah, I'd love to work with her!
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

https://emilydeschanel.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Quotes (from or about Emily) Empty Re: Quotes (from or about Emily)

Post  fooloutofme Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:28 am

Great thread, Bailey! I love reading what others say about Emily Smile
And I get where Zooey is coming from with the 'we don't look alike' stuff but really...its all in the eyes. Lol. And it is ridiculous, they DO look alike.
fooloutofme
fooloutofme
Lab Rat
Lab Rat

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:03 pm

fooloutofme wrote:Great thread, Bailey! I love reading what others say about Emily Smile
And I get where Zooey is coming from with the 'we don't look alike' stuff but really...its all in the eyes. Lol. And it is ridiculous, they DO look alike.

Lol, I thought the same thing, they really do look alike. Not enough that I knew they were related when I first started watching Bones (had been a fan of Zooey in movies prior to that) but they are very similar in the face, and their voices are identical. Her "but she's taller" comment didn't really make sense. Lol.

I'm told all the time that I look like my older sister, and I'm always, "like, I so don't" even though I know I do a little bit, I think it's kinda natural to want to not be compared like that.
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:35 pm

A sweet Tweet about Emily from Bones writer Carla Kettner ...

@aveburygirl If you cry, it's because Emily is such an amazing actress. For real. Not a fake bone in that girl's body.
about 5 hours ago via web in reply to aveburygirl
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:18 pm

Emily filmed a movie back in the early summer with Kathleen Turner and Michael McGrady (who guest starred in an episode of Bones in season 3.) McGrady started a blog about the filming experience but didn't update it after filming started. Here's what he had to say about Emily ...

Link: http://michaelmcgrady.wordpress.com/category/the-perfect-family/

~ Emily is very sweet with open eyes much like her younger sister Zoë’s. She is quick to laugh and very gracious.

~ I was introduced to Kathleen, Emily, Jason and Anne, our director. I had worked with Emily years before on her show Bones. I was impressed that Emily remembered me – or perhaps she IMDB’d me. I’d like to believe the former presumption.
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:34 pm

Emily on the Red Carpet at the 20th Anniversary Genesis Awards in 2006.

Emily Deschanel of Bones: Deschanel and her sister Zooey presented the award for Outstanding Animated Feature Film to Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. Emily said this movie is the one she chose to see on her birthday. "We've been big fans of Wallace & Gromit films," she said. "And my sister and I just really like saying 'were-rabbit.' Were-rabbit, were-rabbit." Deschanel said the Genesis Awards are a powerful way to illuminate animal rights issues. "As humans, we're animals as well," she said. "We may have higher intelligence, but look at what we're doing with it—destroying the earth. Awareness is such an important aspect of animal rights."
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down