Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Hornsby

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

David Hornsby Empty David Hornsby

Post  Bailey Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:41 pm

Besides being married to Emily ... David Hornsby has had a pretty successful career himself. Post information you find/articles/interviews with David in this thread!

David's Filmography

2006-2010 It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (TV series)
Matthew 'Rickety Cricket' Mara / Cricket / Rickety Cricket
– Mac's Big Break (2010) … Cricket
– The Gang Wrestles for the Troops (2009) … Rickety Cricket
– The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell (2008) … Matthew 'Rickety Cricket' Mara
– Who Pooped the Bed? (2008) … Matthew 'Rickety Cricket' Mara
– Mac and Dennis: Manhunters (2008) … Matthew 'Rickety Cricket' Mara

2009-2010 Fanboy and Chum Chum (TV series)
Fanboy
– Norse-ing Around/The Janitor's Apprentice (2010) … Fanboy
– Berry Sick (2009) … Fanboy (voice)
– Dollar Day (2009) … Fanboy (voice)

2009 Boldly Going Nowhere (TV movie)
Lt. Lance Brigsby

2008 Dirt (TV series)
Harold Beckman
– Ties That (Don't) Bind (2008) … Harold Beckman

2008 Pretty Bird
Kenny

2007 AVPR: Aliens vs Predator - Requiem
Drew

2007 Random! Cartoons (TV series)
Fanboy / Kid #2
– Fanboy (2007) … Fanboy/Kid #2 (voice)

2006 Flags of Our Fathers
Louis Lowery

2006 The Unit (TV series)
Ricky
– Exposure (2006) … Ricky

2006 The West Wing (TV series)
Fred
– Institutional Memory (2006) … Fred

2006 The X's (TV series)
Brandon
– Mock Tutors/Meddle Mouth (2006) … Brandon (voice)

2005-2006 Jake in Progress (TV series)
Ken
– PB & J (2006) … Ken
– Eyebrow Girl vs. Smirkface (2006) … Ken
– The Annie-dote (2006) … Ken
– The Hot One (2006) … Ken
– The Lying, the Watch, and Jake's Wardrobe (2006) … Ken
16 episodes in Total

2005-2006 Threshold (TV series)
Roberts
– The Crossing (2006) … Roberts
– Progeny (2005) … Roberts

2006 The Other Mall (TV movie)
Derrick Wellman

2004-2005 Center of the Universe (TV series)
Victor
– The Work of Art (2005) … Victor
– Lily's Boyfriend (2004) … Victor
– Alarmed and Dangerous (2004) … Victor
– Independence Day … Victor

2004 Christmas with the Kranks
Randy Becker

2004 Straight Eye: The Movie (short)
Daryl

2003-2004 The Mullets (TV series)
Denny Mullet
– Silent But Deadly (2004) … Denny Mullet
– Losin' It (2004) … Denny Mullet
– Airway to Heaven (2003) … Denny Mullet
– Smoke on the Water (2003) … Denny Mullet
– Grudge Match (2003) … Denny Mullet
11 episodes in all»

2003 The Joe Schmo Show (TV series)
'The Asshole' / Steve 'The Hutch' Hutchinson
– Episode #1.9 (2003) … Steve 'The Hutch' Hutchinson / 'The Asshole'
– Episode #1.8 (2003) … Steve 'The Hutch' Hutchinson / 'The Asshole'
– Episode #1.7 (2003) … Steve 'The Hutch' Hutchinson / 'The Asshole'
– Episode #1.6 (2003) … Steve 'The Hutch' Hutchinson / 'The Asshole'
– Episode #1.5 (2003) … Steve 'The Hutch' Hutchinson / 'The Asshole'
9 episodes in all»

2003 Six Feet Under (TV series)
Patrick
– Twilight (2003) … Patrick
– Everyone Leaves (2003) … Patrick
– The Opening (2003) … Patrick
– Tears, Bones & Desire (2003) … Patrick
– Timing & Space (2003) … Patrick
7 episodes in all »

2002 Family Affair (TV series)
Handyman
– Skivvies (2002) … Handyman

2002 Presidio Med (TV series)
Daniel Folmsbee
– Second Chance (2002) … Daniel Folmsbee

2002 Minority Report
Pre-Crime Public Service Announcer

2001 Area 52 (TV movie)
Spanish Soap Star

2001 Born Loser (short)
Warren

2001 Pearl Harbor
Flyer with Murmur

1999 ER (TV series)
Strauss
– Choosing Joi (1999) … Strauss

Source: IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0395196/
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

https://emilydeschanel.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

David Hornsby Empty Re: David Hornsby

Post  Bailey Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:02 pm

An interview with David from Feburary of 2009 when he first started working on Fanboy and Chum Chum. Note what he says about message boards ... very true. Lol.

Link -- (http://frederatorblogs.com/fan_boy/2009/02/26/meet-david-hornsby/)

Mr David Hornsby’s lengthy resume includes acting gigs in the feature films Flags of Our Fathers and Christmas with the Kranks. On TV, he’s appeared on Six Feet Under and The Joe Schmo Show (he was ’the Asshole’). He’s played Matthew Mara on Eric Robles’s favorite show, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, a project on which he’s also been story editor and supervising producer. While he’s been busy lately on the new FOX pilot Boldly Going Nowhere, David’s destined to be best remembered as the voice of America’s most-beloved cartoon character, Fanboy. Here, we tried his patience with this brief but wildly informative interview.

Frederator: What’s the David Hornsby Story, in 150 words or less?

David: I’m a Southerner. I grew up going to private school in Houston, Texas where, in high school, we’d wear what we call a ‘Texas Tux’ to proms. (Top half tux, cummerbund, bottom half jeans and boots.) At one point when I was younger I seriously contemplated being an animator, as I’ve always drawn, but ultimately ruled it out when I fell into acting. I ended up becoming a total theatre geek in high school. I went to drama school, moved to New York, then LA, yada, yada, yada. And finally, after being a temp, a nanny, a caterer, valet, food expeditor on the Sunset strip, a waiter and a telemarketer, I started to gain some momentum acting and writing and landed where I am today: A grown man playing a ten year old boy. I couldn’t be happier.

Frederator: What was your favorite cartoon growing up?

David Hornsby: Robotech. On Channel 39 in Houston, after school. I liked it because it was a cartoon of epic scope that covered three generations of galactic fighters. It was actually pretty dark stuff. It also had a motorcycle that wrapped around your body into a suit of armor. (Still waiting for that technology.) Also, when you’ve got a story editor as good as Carl Macek on a show, you know you’re in good hands… I just looked that up on the internet to sound smarter. (I think it totally worked.)

Frederator: Where do you get your creative inspiration?

David: Tough to say where creative inspiration comes from. Surrounding myself with talented, ambitious friends who make me laugh and raise my bar inspires me. Also everyday life. There are so many great interesting characters in the world. (Especially in my neighborhood.) I can definitely answer where I don’t get creative inspiration from: internet message boards. They can be brutal. I say avoid them.

David with Paul Giamatti and Billy Crudup in Pretty Bird

Frederator: Any words of showbiz advice?

David: Do it yourself and be persistent! Don’t just wait around for someone to hand it to you. There’s no right path so just create what you want… preferably in a form that can be viewed on a dvd player by someone important who’s probably gonna watch/listen/look at it at their convenience at two in the morning in their underwear.

Frederator: If you could meet any artist, living or not, who would it be?

David: Are we talking a time-travel situation? Cause if that’s the case I’d probably utilize that technology to win a lottery or invest a buncha money into the stock market. That seems much more beneficial. Then again, there’s the whole butterfly effect… this scenario you’ve proposed is a dangerous game.

Frederator: What excited you about working on Fanboy & Chum Chum?

David: The level of talent behind this show is extremely high. The scripts are very funny and character-driven, headed by Steve Tompkins and his small crew of writers who are working at breakneck speeds. Creator Eric Robles’ talent and enthusiasm could power Ventura County alone. Plus, the animation is at a level I’ve not seen on TV before. Nickelodeon’s first original creator driven CG show in HD.

Frederator: If you had any super power what would it be?

David: The power to make my 89-year-old grandfather vote Democratic.

Thanks for your time, David.

(And thanks to Angie Polk for the interview work.)

– Eric (Homan)

Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:03 pm

Another article from his days on Joe Schmo.

Link -- http://articles.dailypress.com/2003-10-07/news/0310070016_1_joe-schmo-show-spike-tv-mullets

David Hornsby wants you to know one thing about the characters he plays on prime-time TV. "They're both so unlike me," he says, with such sincerity that it's easy to miss the subtle humor of the statement. "You know," he adds, "me and my angelic personality."

The truth is, if Hornsby was anything like slow-witted Denny Mullet or foul-mouthed Steve "Hutch" Hutchinson, the Newport News native would have a hard time holding down any job at all. Instead, after years of trying to establish himself as an actor, he is currently starring on UPN's lowbrow sitcom "The Mullets" and Spike TV's faux-reality "Joe Schmo Show."

The shows go up against each other on Tuesday nights -- "I'm kicking my own butt in the ratings," Hornsby jokes -- and each is quickly finding its niche. "The Mullets" recently landed Hornsby's picture in Time Magazine, and "Joe Schmo" has emerged as the flagship of the fledgling Spike TV network, drawing more than a million viewers for last week's episode and rapidly increasing its audience with each episode as word-of-mouth spreads.

Speaking by phone during a lunch break on the "Mullets" set, Hornsby said he is enjoying his newfound exposure through the two shows.

"Every actor has the same weakness, really - an insecurity about not working ever again," Hornsby says. "It's a free-lance job, and you never know when the work is going to come. But being in 'The Mullets,' having one of the leads, hopefully I won't be serving fries again anytime soon. That's what I care about. "It's cool to have your picture in Time Magazine, but it's more cool to just be able to live comfortably and not worry about when the next paying job is coming. I had been working really hard just to pay the rent, and once you come from that place you know just how hard it is to make a living. It makes you realize what's important."

Hornsby, 27, was born in Newport News but moved to Houston with his family before he entered school. He still has relatives on the Peninsula, and his family frequently vacations in Virginia Beach.

After graduating from Carnegie Mellon University in 1998, he worked in the theater and took bit parts on TV and in movies, landing small speaking roles in the hit films "Pearl Harbor" and "Minority Report." He was still waiting tables while playing a recurring role on the HBO series "Six Feet Under."

But everything changed last spring.

In March, Spike TV was casting "Joe Schmo," a parody of "reality TV" in which one unsuspecting contestant thinks he is playing in a "Survivor"-style game show - oblivious to the fact that the other contestants are actors carrying out pre-arranged storylines to see how the one real guy will respond.

The producers cast Hornsby as Hutch the Jerk (that's not the actual word they use in the cable TV show, but it's as close as we can come in a family newspaper). The character is a crude, temperamental dirtbag who bears at least a passing resemblance to Puck Rainey, the obnoxious slob who developed a cult following on the first season of MTV's "The Real World."

When the producers learned that their unsuspecting real-life contestant was a fan of "Six Feet Under," they feared he would recognize Hornsby from his seven appearances on that show. So they had him grow a goatee, which turned out to be perfectly in character for Hutch.

"The dialogue is almost entirely improvised," he said. "When I was cast, they just told me the character was a former security guard, a very angry guy who failed the psych test. Eventually, it sort of evolved. When we first started the show, I came out guns a-blazing, but as it went on it became like a marathon. In a sense, it's hard to be (a jerk) for 24 hours a day, but then again, it's not all that difficult to be offensive and gross."

Spike TV cast the show in March and filmed it in June. In between, Hornsby landed the role of Denny Mullet, one of the two dim-bulb brothers on UPN's "The Mullets." He and co-star Michael Weaver proudly sport the eponymous hairstyle - "business in the front, party in the back," they crow - and bumble about with their mother (played by "WKRP's" Loni Anderson) while antagonizing their stepfather, a pompous TV game show host.

"What I love about 'The Mullets,'" Hornsby said, "is that it has some of those old 'I Love Lucy' comedy moments. You know the characters, and you just put them in a bizarre situation and let them try to keep up."

Unlike Hutch, Denny Mullet is clean-shaven. And while Hornsby freely acknowledges that he grew the goatee for his character on "Joe Schmo," he declines to admit whether his flowing locks on "The Mullets" are real or fake.

"Cannot confirm or deny," he said with a laugh. "That's Hollywood magic."

Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:07 pm

Here's a link to a radio interview with David about Yoda and Me.

http://tobtr.com/s/878337

And while we're at it ... here's a link to David's web show Yoda and Me.

http://www.yodaandme.com/

Emily's makes a guest apperance in Episode 11: Yoda Samantha

“Yoda and Me” chronicles the lives of Bill and his new roommate Yoda. Get a peek inside Yoda’s world and discover what life is like being a twenty-five inch tall, green character actor. Created & Performed by David Hornsby (“It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”) & Loren Tarquinio (“Free Radio”).

Note that David and Loren rotate playing Yoda and Bill. Because it’s more fun that way.
All episodes produced by David Hornsby, Loren Tarquinio and Anna Vocino.
Hosted by: Aflalo Communications Inc.
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:52 pm

Photos of David performing at the WGA Strike Show in December 2007

David Hornsby DavidHornsbyStrikeShowBenefitingMotionG4aJu5IY0Drl

David Hornsby DavidHornsbyStrikeShowBenefitingMotionrQ2dtWXIfaAl

David Hornsby DavidHornsbyStrikeShowBenefitingMotion1MANVTvMxJKl
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OyPoodles Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:12 pm

Thanks for posting! I don't know that much about him.
OyPoodles
OyPoodles

Back to top Go down

Post  fooloutofme Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:25 am

He is SO FUNNY in It's Always Sunny in Philladelphia! I watched that show before I found out they were dating, and when I did I was so excited because I think they are both so awesome individually. Love them together Smile

fooloutofme
fooloutofme
Lab Rat
Lab Rat

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:07 pm

fooloutofme wrote:He is SO FUNNY in It's Always Sunny in Philladelphia! I watched that show before I found out they were dating, and when I did I was so excited because I think they are both so awesome individually. Love them together Smile

I've only watched Sunny a few times; but it was hillarious every time! I'll have to try and find some Sunny links. Smile
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:15 pm

Here's a couple of shorts David's done.

The Other Mall is my favorite, it's very funny and well done.

Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:19 pm

Connect Four (From funnyordie.com)

Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:24 pm

This is from the Always Sunny in Philadelphia Comic Con 2010 Q & A panel .... David comes on stage around the 3 minute mark.

Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:13 pm

Pictures of David at the Sundance Film Festival in 2008, promoting his film Pretty Bird.

David Hornsby Davidh10

David Hornsby Davidh11

David Hornsby Davidh12

David Hornsby 1david10

David Hornsby Davidh13

Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:41 pm

With his Yoda and Me partner, and Yoda
David Hornsby David-10

In his role on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
David Hornsby Davidh14

David Hornsby Davidh15

David Hornsby David-11
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:59 am

David wrote the episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia that aired last night on FX. You can still catch it as FX will re-air that episode both tonight and tomorrow! Check your local listings. Smile
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fooloutofme Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:30 am

Bailey wrote:David wrote the episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia that aired last night on FX. You can still catch it as FX will re-air that episode both tonight and tomorrow! Check your local listings. Smile

It was a good episode too! I recommend it Smile
fooloutofme
fooloutofme
Lab Rat
Lab Rat

Back to top Go down

Post  joybrennan Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:01 pm

I'm so glad this thread is here! I've loved seeing Emily being so happy. I remember in an interview she mentioned that her (then) boyfriend could always make her laugh when she was stressed. When I found out who it was I thought, "Oh, I know he does!" He's a funny guy. Very Happy

joybrennan

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:07 pm

joybrennan wrote:I'm so glad this thread is here! I've loved seeing Emily being so happy. I remember in an interview she mentioned that her (then) boyfriend could always make her laugh when she was stressed. When I found out who it was I thought, "Oh, I know he does!" He's a funny guy. Very Happy

I think I have that article posted in the news section Joy. Smile

Here's another picture I found of David and his Always Sunny co-star Kaitlin Olson.

David Hornsby Davidh10
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:50 pm

Behind the scenes video of It's Always Sunny, David is featured quite a bit in this one.

Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:16 pm

David and Jimmi Simpson performing REO Speedwagon while driving, this is hillarious. From 2006.

Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:42 pm

Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:10 pm

David and his Yoda and Me partner, Loren Tarquinio will be producing a Christmas episode this year, according to Twitter.

AnnaVocino It's for suresies! The boys of @yodaandme are doing a Christmas episode! http://bit.ly/2XK8Jd www.YodaAndMe.com
about 1 hour ago via web

Anna Vocino is a producer on the podcast.

Will let you know when the episode is posted!
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:41 pm

New Yoda & Me Christmas Episode

Remember, the humor isn't for everyone. Smile Take it in good fun.

http://www.yodaandme.com/
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:23 am

David Hornsby Davidh11

David Hornsby Davidh12
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:40 pm

This sounds really exciting. David has written a series that he will also executive produce in star in that's been picked up by CBS.

Link: http://omg.yahoo.com/news/cbs-learns-how-to-be-a-gentleman-from-david-hornsby/55155?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

CBS has ordered How to Be a Gentleman, from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphiascribe David Hornsby, TVGuide.com has confirmed.

Hornsby, who recurs on and co-executive produces the FX series, will star, write and executive produce Gentleman, which follows an uptight guy learning to live his life with the help of an old high school friend.

The series is loosely based on the book How To Be a Gentleman: A Contemporary Guide to Common Courtesy, by John Bridges. Ted Schachter (Homeboys in Outer Space) will also executive produce.
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:20 pm

More information on David's pilot "How to be a Gentleman" ... it is set to film in May.

Link: http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/news/a309993/entourage-star-cast-in-new-cbs-pilot.html

Kevin Dillon has reportedly joined the cast of a new CBS comedy pilot called How To Be a Gentleman.

The series will also star former It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia actor David Hornsby as a magazine writer who launches a new a column about how to become the perfect gentleman. Hornsby will also script the new show.

Dillon will play a supporting role in the series as a character called Bert, although further details about his role are currently unknown.

Hornsby will serve as executive producer on the project, as he did on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Dillon currently plays series regular Johnny 'Drama' Chase on HBO's Entourage, but is currently looking for new projects following the announcement that this summer's eighth season of Entourage will be its last.

How to Be As Gentleman is based on the successful book How To Be A Gentleman: A Contemporary Guide to Common Courtesy, published by Thomas Nelson.
Bailey
Bailey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next