Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bones wins EMA Award for "Tough Man in the Tender Chicken"

Go down

Bones wins EMA Award for "Tough Man in the Tender Chicken" Empty Bones wins EMA Award for "Tough Man in the Tender Chicken"

Post  Bailey Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm

Link: http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-culture/stories/on-the-green-carpet-at-the-environmental-media-association-awards

In the TV drama category, Bones won for the episode “The Tough Man in the Tender Chicken,” in which the murder victim was the heir to a factory farm inhumanely treating its animals. Star Emily Deschanel came up with the idea, “but it really resonated with all of us while we were making it,” said Michaela Conlin, who accepted from Amy Poehler and Aubrey Plaza of Parks & Recreation. Deschanel, a vegan who drives a Prius in the show, “makes all of us very aware, and I think that’s a really awesome thing. She really puts the bug in our ears for a lot of issues,” said Conlin, whose character Angela is pregnant. With a pregnancy prosthesis in her future, she won’t be wearing anything like the formfitting black-with-sheer-panels Georges Hobeika sheath she sported at the EMAs. “I’m enjoying it while I can,” laughed the actress, who told us she carries her own water bottle, composts and vows to get a hybrid for her next car. “I got a solar fan for my attic so I don’t have to run my air all the time. My bills have gone way down.” She’ll be seen opposite Matthew McConaughey, Marisa Tomei and Bryan Cranston in The Lincoln Lawyer next March, playing a homicide detective.

I find this interesting as that episode wasn't really Emily's idea, but more of an idea that Emily hated and she asked them to alter to show the other side of the coin and expose the horrors of factory farming. Hart and Emily talked about the episode before it was filmed, at Comic Con back in 2009.

You can watch the clip here, the chicken farm part is at about the 6 minute mark. They talk about Emily's animal rights support/work from about the 3 minute mark or so.

Bailey
Bailey
Admin

https://emilydeschanel.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down